• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Manning Gets Fired

wakefan1995

Reaction score
When Manning gets fired who would y'all like to see replace him?

Will not be fired by Wellman, next AD will choose the successor.

If someone says Childress, it should be a lifetime ban from this board. Almost ten fucking years of amateur hour. Wake needs a household name to quickly legitimize this damn disaster.

If someone says Childress, it should be a lifetime ban from this board. Almost ten fucking years of amateur hour. Wake needs a household name to quickly legitimize this damn disaster.

We already have a house hold name, but he can't coach.

Its unrealistic to think that Wake will get a house hold name. Hatch isn't going to open up the wallet. What is realistic and hasn't happened because of Wellman's ineptitude is to find a head coach at a lower level that has proven to be a program builder and a winner. We need the Clawson of basketball.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Its unrealistic to think that Wake will get a house hold name. Hatch isn't going to open up the wallet. What is realistic and hasn't happened because of Wellman's ineptitude is to find a head coach at a lower level that has proven to be a program builder and a winner. We need the Clawson of basketball.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Based upon what we paid Grobe and what we were rumored to have offered Smart, I completely disagree with the "wallet" comment. However, your point of a totally inept AD stands. He's fucked this thing up beyond recognition. So, until we clean house in the AD, you may be correct.

The fact that Gregg Marshall has not been the head coach at either Wake or NC State for the last 7/8 or so years shows how much incompetence is in those respective AD positions.

Though I don't necessarily disagree, the main argument I'd make to the contrary is that Wichita had a damn good team last year and still barely snuck into the tourney. In the last couple years that Wichita wasn't unbeaten they were a 9, 7 and 11 seed with a play-in game.

Lot easier to make the NCAAT and get a favorable seed in a big-boy league

Greg Marshall would be nuts to leave Witchita State for Wake or NC State. Less so Wake than State.

Did you miss the part where I said 7 or 8 years ago? Guy has all sorts of ties to Va and the Carolinas and was taking Winthrop to the NCAAs virtually every single year.

Last edited:
For Wellman to pass over a coach like Marshall (a winner with local ties) and hire Bzz is basically malpractice.

The fact that Gregg Marshall has not been the head coach at either Wake or NC State for the last 7/8 or so years shows how much incompetence is in those respective AD positions.

I seem to recall when his name was floated some posters were very negative about him, claiming his personality would not be a good fit for Wake. I'm not at all saying I agree with those folks.

Of course Bzz turned out to be a huge loser off the court ... and on the court. The rare double loser.

Gregg Marshall has been passed over for better jobs than Wake and State. There's probably a better reason than the lol Wellman excuse.

Gregg Marshall has been passed over for better jobs than Wake and State. There's probably a better reason than the lol Wellman excuse.

I would have been willing to take that chance if it means we were getting a coach who is a proven winner.

Back