• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Players Are More Loyal To Coach Than School

Agreed, but is why i have far less "involvement" with a Wake team (as opposed to my Wake team). In other words, it is not "our guys", instead it's "the best team money can buy". So when "they" win, its not so much that WE win as it is our buying is better than their buying. It's all part of the current awfulness of college sports. Mother so dear?

You need to read Jake Mueller's "Goodbye letter to Mother So Dear" on Les's board. It may cure you of your cynicism.

Thanks for the link. Very well done and convincing. So i apologize for misstating. I am sure most athletes in college reflect the emotions in his post . It is the insane college basketball (and to a lesser degree football) situation that has distorted the views of the participating athletes. I dont blame them. I blame us who have wildly and irresponsibly encouraged what has become a professional program with the associated professional attitudes of all involved.. Can we expect otherwise when coaches are paid as they are now? When one-and-done has prevailed? When we support "our" team when in reality is like supporting the Yankees as "our" team? I cant wait till those graduating high school athletes who deserve professional pay migrate to a system devoid of any educational requirement. The can get what they want and deserve. College ain't for everybody. And if it is for everybody, it ain't college.

Back