• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When will our new coach be named?

When will we name the new coach?

• One week (by May2)

Votes: 59 56.7%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Three weeks

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Longer than that

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Whenever DR says Yes

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
When do you think we'll name the new coach?

Last edited:
I am hoping it will be by the end of next week.

Sounds political or something the lawyers suggested.

Give him a brief pay bump before he’s gone too

If it will be quickly, why name Chill interim head coach?

Somebody has to be in charge and managing all the electronic interconnects. Under the conditions, there isn't the urgency that a normal coaching carousel season has. Wake is the only opening in P6 so far this year. With the e tended dead period, Currie could wait until there is clarity about the status of fall classes and football before making a formal announcement.

If it will be quickly, why name Chill interim head coach?

He is the acting head coach, not the interim. It means that he is the only in that role in a limited capacity to help with the transition to the next coach.

Last edited:
I think it is a nod to his status in Wake bb history and perhaps a not so subtle nomination for the next staff. But I believe Currie when he said that the new coach will have freedom to bring in his own staff.

Bump...it looks like the 49% may be right...that would be good...

Right after Hatch fucks the primary candidate, right ?

When RJ gets a clean bill of health from his dentist. In other words, don't hold your breath (Unless you are in 6 ft of RJ, then definitely hold your breath).

He is the acting head coach, not the interim. It means that he is the only in that role in a limited capacity to help with the transition to the next coach.

Is this a typical thing to do? I have not heard of teams doing this before.

Also Chill needs to go with this staff. One he is a horrible guards coach and bad recruiter, two we need a fresh start.

Can't believe people are complaining about chill sticking around for the kids during this transition. He's their contact if the need anything and he continues to get paid during a pandemic, a coaching change, and gives him more time to land on his feet. Whether that is at wake I. Some capacity or coaching at another school. Highly doubt he'll coach another game at wake.

Back