• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where are Clawson's post-game pressers from VT and Clemson?

TripleDeac21

Reaction score
YouTube seems to have all the pressers after games we win, yet I can't find anything from the VT or Clemson debacles the past 2 weeks? Does Clawson not meet with the media after games like this? Where are the media press conferences directly following the end of these games? Anyone?

Hmm -- I would've thought there was video from the VT game because there was an ACCN camera operator that filmed it with somebody holding a mic up to Clawson. Assuming there were some technical difficulties or something. There was no such camera present at Clemson, just Les, myself and 2-3 others like an AP quote runner and Charleston columnist.

I believe Les usually posts the full transcripts of Clawson's post-game pressers, so I don't want to post those here.

The weird thing about VT and Clemson was that both were done outside of the visitor's locker room -- no formal room or anything. Both schools used the space they used to have for visiting coach pressers to create their ACCN control rooms, I've come to understand. Just kinda makes for a little more of a scrambling, disorganized situation.

Wake is really bad about not posting game recaps, etc on the Wake Basketball Facebook page after losses as well. I guess it makes sense that they'd be good at damage control...it's certainly what they have the most experience with.

I have also looked for them and not found them. Of course, VT and Clemson both had the pressers up within a couple of hours--great production values, comprehensive, etc. Guess that's a little too much to ask of MSD.

I assume they aren't there because these were bad losses. As Racer suggested, the Wake AD operates with a bunker mentality with respect to the fan base. Another of RW's legacies.

I have also looked for them and not found them. Of course, VT and Clemson both had the pressers up within a couple of hours--great production values, comprehensive, etc. Guess that's a little too much to ask of MSD.

I assume they aren't there because these were bad losses. As Racer suggested, the Wake AD operates with a bunker mentality with respect to the fan base. Another of RW's legacies.

There are post game press conferences posted for all of our home games (including our loss to Louisville) and none posted for any of our road games (including our wins vs Rice and BC). There’s your answer.

There are post game press conferences posted for all of our home games (including our loss to Louisville) and none posted for any of our road games (including our wins vs Rice and BC). There’s your answer.

Thanks. At least there's an explanation, even if it's still not an acceptable one for a D-1, P5 university.

Didn't realize there wasn't one for BC either. That's really odd, because Clawson even joked with the ACCN person who was filming it when he needed a few extra seconds to get ready.

So ... I don't know. Seems like if you're ACCN and you've got cameras for a presser, you upload the presser.

Back