• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where did you live during your freshman year?

Where did you live during your freshman yearr?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Davis - middle of 3rd floor facing the quad;
Poteat - middle of 2nd floor facing away from the quad - RA for hall of freshmen;
Poteat - middle of 3rd floor facing away from the quad - RA for hall of sophormores;
New Dorm basement closest to Faculty Drive.

Johnson basement freshman year - and not by choice. We tried branding ourselves the "Wine Cellar" which surprisingly didn't catch on (although it was funny the one time we're out at a frat party and some girl is like "you live in the wine cellar?")

Stayed on campus all four years...Collins, Luter, Taylor, Taylor. Hated Luter.

Although I had a room in Taylor my senior year I lived with my girlfriend as she had graduated and didn't want to shack on campus (she also had a very nice apartment).

I often wonder if I should have stayed on campus for four years. Looking back, there was plenty of time for DAT APARTMENT LIFE after school.

I often wonder if I should have stayed on campus for four years. Looking back, there was plenty of time for DAT APARTMENT LIFE after school.

I'm glad I did. Yes, its more costly than an apt, and the rules are more strict, but at the same time you'll never again live in such close proximity to your friends as we did on campus. I'd probably have a different opinion if I went to a larger school, but it was so nice having everyone within a 10 min walk on campus.

Was there really that much going on on-campus?

Not really. I think there is something to be said for dorm life though. A lot more community oriented (moreso in freshman halls than suites) than living in an apartment complex, but it's probably just revisionist history on my part. There just a small window in your life to live as an on campus student.

I liked being able to walk to everything and not have to worry about parking. Most of my good friends stayed on campus senior year as well, which made a definite difference. I opted to stay on the quad in a single with a best friend in the single across the hall instead of "all the way out there" at Polo or Student Apts.

I had fun on living on campus for 4 years. I probably could have saved money (especially on food) living off-campus as a jr/sr, but I thought it was great. I never was more than a 10 minute walk from class, I more often than not could drink within a few hundred feet of where I slept, and generally lived in the same dorm as 20-30 people that I would like to hang out with at any given time.

Not really. I think there is something to be said for dorm life though. A lot more community oriented (moreso in freshman halls than suites) than living in an apartment complex, but it's probably just revisionist history on my part. There just a small window in your life to live as an on campus student.

At a school like Wake, where everyone I knew went different directions upon graduation, there was only a small window of time to get a house with your buds too. I did South campus, quad, and off-campus. They were all worthwhile.

At a school like Wake, where everyone I knew went different directions upon graduation, there was only a small window of time to get a house with your buds too. I did South campus, quad, and off-campus. They were all worthwhile.

Sharing a house would have been very different than living in an apartment with one dude. I roomed with a friend from my freshman hall junior year, and he had to move back home senior year leaving me in a bind with timing late in the summer. I ended up in a single senior year which certainly had its benefits, but had some decided drawbacks.

Back