• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where in the world is Danny O'Brien?

zqglass

Reaction score
(Maybe a haas) Just watching the Maryland game and completely forgot about what my brother told me a few weeks back. His friend is a wide receiver at Catawba and guess who's tossing the pigskin to him. Danny O fuckin Brien. He's 179-261 for 1729 yds 9 Td's and 5 Int's. Not particularly considering he was once the ACC Rookie of the year, and a starter at Wisconsin who is now playing against D-II competition.

(Maybe a haas) Just watching the Maryland game and completely forgot about what my brother told me a few weeks back. His friend is a wide receiver at Catawba and guess who's tossing the pigskin to him. Danny O fuckin Brien. He's 179-261 for 1729 yds 9 Td's and 5 Int's. Not particularly considering he was once the ACC Rookie of the year, and a starter at Wisconsin who is now playing against D-II competition.

Funny you say that. Just yesterday I googled Bryce Petty (or whoever the Baylor QB is) to see how highly recruited he was. I believe I came across his Rivals profile, where they listed a couple of "similar prospects", and one of those was Danny O'Brien. That led to a "where is Danny O'Brien these days" and another google search, where I learned that we was playing at Catawba.

Funny you say that. Just yesterday I googled Bryce Petty (or whoever the Baylor QB is) to see how highly recruited he was. I believe I came across his Rivals profile, where they listed a couple of "similar prospects", and one of those was Danny O'Brien. That led to a "where is Danny O'Brien these days" and another google search, where I learned that we was playing at Catawba.

Catawba quarterback Danny O’Brien threw for 444 yards in the third-best passing performances in school history

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G
Danny O'Brien 8 135.7 208-302-5 68.9 2049 12 50 256.1

Catawba quarterback Danny O’Brien threw for 444 yards in the third-best passing performances in school history

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G
Danny O'Brien 8 135.7 208-302-5 68.9 2049 12 50 256.1

... he SHOULD be doing this well more often considering the talent level he is playing against. although my brother's friend was never anything special at wide out, so maybe it is kindof impressive in other regards.

Petty was recruited heavily by Fulmer at Tennessee and was committed to play there. After Fulmer was fired and UT hired Kiffin, Petty was never contacted by Kiffin, basically letting Petty know that he was no longer wanted. He then switched his commitment to Baylor and waited his turn behind RG3 and Nick Florence...the time in the program has definitely helped him and I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks several records by the time he's done.

(Tajh Boyd also decommitted from that Tennessee class because Kiffin told Boyd that he didn't fit the "system.")

Last edited:
Back