• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is Nick Andersen?

TripleDeac21

Reaction score
Let’s address the elephant in the room here. 7 games into the season…Where is he? What happened to him? Les? Conor?

He was injured over the summer. Didn’t practice in the fall pretty sure.

He was injured over the summer. Didn’t practice in the fall pretty sure.
Correct.

Don't know how this is a mystery when it's been brought up every other week. Clawson's policy has been that he doesn't talk about injuries unless they're season-ending; he's been hurt but hasn't been ruled out for the season.

Ok. Well what’s the injury? Must be significant to miss 8 straight weeks.

Is this really the elephant in the room? He’s hurt and the secondary has been ok without him on the field.

I expect him to be red shirted this year. So expect him to play three regular season games in November and the bowl game.

Clawson said last night we're already playing 6 safeties, definitely don't need to burn his shirt.

I know I am not a regular poster but I have some news here I had to share - I just ran into Nicks high school football coach and he told me Nick is having surgery tomorrow am - so def out for the season.

That’s odd timing unless something new was injured.
Something didn’t heal with the immobilization they tried. Never heard what injury was but significant sprain that is still unstable or a foot break that never healed due to any number of factors. Get completely well to play to your full ability next year.

So are they going to take his scholarship away now ?

I could be wrong but would be surprised if he plays significant minutes when he is healthy again. He had that one good game against VT a few years ago but has also had some terrible games, where he got burned badly.

I could be wrong but would be surprised if he plays significant minutes when he is healthy again. He had that one good game against VT a few years ago but has also had some terrible games, where he got burned badly.
Few guys on this defense had games as good as his 3 interception game, but a lot of them also had some terrible games too. That's not just a Nick Andersen problem. I'm sure he'll be a valuable rotation guy when he gets back.

It will be interesting to see how Andersen fits into lamberts’s scheme. He was consistently out of position or attacking the wrong gap or having atrocious angles. Now, some of that may have been a bad scheme by Hemphill. I will be happy to have him back because it gives us some more depth, but if we have to rely on him, I would be worried.

Back