• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is Ron Wellman?

We need a deeper bench before I can become 100% BuzzOut.

We don't even have enough scholly players/experienced bench players to make a game against the starters in practice. Our walk-on's are good, but there is no way they can simulate playing against ACC talent. Makes a huge difference.

Our bench is pitiful.

Once the cupboard is adequately stocked, I will decide, but at this point, we have no one to spell a tired (mentally & physically) Travis and CJ. We are forced to start Nikita. Daniel Green,Fischer & Carson are getting meaningful minutes, Ty Walker is a starter...TC is our starting PG.

It's just...bad.

And don't you think Bzdk deserves some of the blame in that department? Most new coaches hit the ground running when it comes to recruiting. But Bzdk's 1st class is pathetic by ACC standards. And while you can't blame him for the Woods debacle, 2 transfers and 2 dismissals in 1 year is a heck of a lot of turnover.

My fear is that this tough run (dook, UNC, FSU, UVa, NCSU) has worn the team completely down mentally and physically, especially Travis and CJ who carry most of the load, and that we won't beat BC and/or GT.

We probably need a new coach, but we definitely need reinforcements.

So do you think that we won't get reinforcements if we make a coaching change at the end of the season?

To be sure, weren't people bitching last year after every one of Wellman's post game "all is well" sessions?

The only thing wellman could say after a game that would make this any better is that buzz will no longer be our coach effective immediately. Since that probably isn't happening, I'm fine if he just stays in his bunker, hopefully working on a solution to this problem.

We probably need a new coach, but we definitely need reinforcements.

I don't think there's a single person on these boards who would question that last part.

Unlike most, I think we've got a shot at developing Carson and Daniel, too. Chase is going to get better on his own, but if those two improve, it's like adding another top-ranked recruit, in my book.

My worry, as it has always been, is that bad coaching means bad player development. All of the talent in the world can't correct that.

The last two weeks and this last interview have sent me way over the edge. I had hoped we could wait it out but we really can't. Wellman should fire Buzz, appoint Battle interim, and as far as I'm concerned maybe Battle should lead this program. Regardless of who the new coach should be, it shouldn't be another year of this crap. Wellman's second act should be to take responsibility for a huge mistake and resign. He is solely responsible for this debacle.

one other thought: any other coach worth his salt will develop a player's skills. Buzz certainly has no corner on that market. Hire a good coach and these players will improve and may actually be competitive.

The last two weeks and this last interview have sent me way over the edge. I had hoped we could wait it out but we really can't. Wellman should fire Buzz, appoint Battle interim, and as far as I'm concerned maybe Battle should lead this program. Regardless of who the new coach should be, it shouldn't be another year of this crap. Wellman's second act should be to take responsibility for a huge mistake and resign. He is solely responsible for this debacle.

Nothing against Battle, but please, NO MORE interim coaches. We need to start fresh with a new AD and let him/her decide how to clean house and appoint an entirely new b'ball staff.

Nothing against Battle, but please, NO MORE interim coaches. We need to start fresh with a new AD and let him/her decide how to clean house and appoint an entirely new b'ball staff.

You're right about not hiring and interim coach. Sorry, I'm so angry right now I can hardly see the computer screen. That interview video was embarassing.

I said the same thing last year, but I don't think we want Wellman to say anything. He isn't going to say anything that will make anyone feel any better.

This. I'm hanging by a thread as far as WFU basketball goes now. I'm pretty certain that the only result of hearing anything Wellman has to say about this mess would be my head exploding and me writing off WFU basketball forever.

At this point, the best Wellman is a silent Wellman.

I get what you are saying, but I think the problem was that we should have had an interim coach following Skip, and it would probably have been better to have had an interim coach following Dino. Although most of us are treating Bz like an interim period, he was hired as a coach with multi year contract.

At this point I agree with a clean sweep from AD down.

I get what you are saying, but I think the problem was that we should have had an interim coach following Skip, and it would probably have been better to have had an interim coach following Dino. Although most of us are treating Bz like an interim period, he was hired as a coach with multi year contract.

At this point I agree with a clean sweep from AD down.

Why did we need an interim after Skip? 66-31 doesn't get it done for you?

Why did we need an interim after Skip? 66-31 doesn't get it done for you?

The following is a declarative statement. There is nothing more annoying than the combined snarky/Socratic approach to message board communication. I find it more irritating than our current basketball program.

Back