• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where to go after bball game Saturday?

wait wait wait, so neurodeac is suggesting that a first time guest to W-S forgo Putters, where he could drink delicious Red Oak and watch Championship caliber college football in HD, to sit in the cold and watch two high school teams they have no interest in?

got it.

All my Wake friends swear by Putters, so I've gone a few times, and honestly I just don't get it. Its overpriced and not really that great.

Old Staleys is cheaper and better for game watching in my opinion.

All my Wake friends swear by Putters, so I've gone a few times, and honestly I just don't get it. Its overpriced and not really that great.

Old Staleys is cheaper and better for game watching in my opinion.

I do wish they would run beer specials of some sort. It's a bit pricey.

Teh buffalo chicken sandwiches ftw though.

Putters definitely by the Joel. But I like King's Crab Shack downtown.

Food is decent at Putters but the people who work there (they all look similar so I'm guessing a family for most?) have been asses the three times I've gone. Don't plan on going back.

Food is decent at Putters but the people who work there (they all look similar so I'm guessing a family for most?) have been asses the three times I've gone. Don't plan on going back.

Interesting that you've had bad experiences with the staff at Putters. I've heard of this once or twice before, but never had anything other than great and friendly service. Any time I get back to W-S, it's guaranteed that I'm going to Putter's. Can't beat the food there. It's just so damn good. One of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Also, re: the price of the food, I couldn't disagree more. I've always thought the food was very reasonably priced. Re: the price of the beer, well yeah, they could run some specials, but they get such steady business that they have no incentive to.

Well we ended up going to Old Staleys and it was fine. Food was ok, servings actually too big, but beer was cold and easily available from 4pm-8pm. Saw something happen at the bar that I have never witnessed before but that shouldn't be discussed on a "family" board like this.

Wake played terrible and selfish on offense, but it was a good first trip to Wake Forest. Will be back for VT game.

Well we ended up going to Old Staleys and it was fine. Food was ok, servings actually too big, but beer was cold and easily available from 4pm-8pm. Saw something happen at the bar that I have never witnessed before but that shouldn't be discussed on a "family" board like this.

Wake played terrible and selfish on offense, but it was a good first trip to Wake Forest. Will be back for VT game.

This board actually broke off from the family friendly board. Feel free to spill without fear of repercussion. Don't believe me? Well, fuck you, shitface.*

*I just wrote that to show a point.

TELL US MOAR!!!!11!!! :plos:

Back