• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where were the students yesterday?

Thanksgiving break?

Doesn't stop students from getting to games at most football schools. USC was rocking against Clemson yesterday. Our students don't come to the games on a normal Saturday.

Doesn't stop students from getting to games at most football schools. USC was rocking against Clemson yesterday. Our students don't come to the games on a normal Saturday.

I'd guess like 95% (or more) of the fans at that game were from South Carolina. Very easy to travel in state (in a state where there are no pro sports) to go watch USC / Clemson. At Wake Forest where we have no traditional after Thanksgiving rivalry game nobody is going to come back early for a non-conference matchup against Vanderbilt. Plus I'd guess around 70% of the student body is from out of state so coming back from Thanksgiving break early isn't a popular option. I always flew back Sunday or Monday.

Yeah but those pop Warner kids gave us more highlights than the Deacs did.

I think our team should have stood on the sideline during halftime and watched them. They played with joy and passion. It would have been worth more than any halftime speech.

And I would have told the team... "play like that."

I'd guess like 95% (or more) of the fans at that game were from South Carolina. Very easy to travel in state (in a state where there are no pro sports) to go watch USC / Clemson. At Wake Forest where we have no traditional after Thanksgiving rivalry game nobody is going to come back early for a non-conference matchup against Vanderbilt. Plus I'd guess around 70% of the student body is from out of state so coming back from Thanksgiving break early isn't a popular option. I always flew back Sunday or Monday.

Our final game in football and hoops should be NC State. It makes historical sense and it makes financial sense.

I am an 8 hour drive from Winston. I am glad I did not come back early for the game. I would rather spend time with the family I haven't seen since mid-August than watch a football game.

The players and coaches did not show up for the Vandy game, why should the students?

I don't think that you can blame the students for not coming back from break for a game that had no impact on our season from the standpoint of post-season play.

We lose, we go to Shreveport.
We win, we go to Shreveport.

I'm a huge Wake fan. Possibly to the point that it is unhealthy, but I just couldn't find it in me to care what happened yesterday.

I have a hard time believing anyone is a huge Wake fan but doesn't care if we win but maybe that's you. Your attitude definitly seemed to be the attitude of the entire team. We're not at a point as a football program where winning 7 games and guarenteeing a winning season isn't a big deal.

I believe in an effort to sell more tickets for this game the Athletic Department allowed 3 Pop Warner (little league) Football scrimmages to take place at Halftime. They were allowed to play for 10 minutes which did not allow for any time for the band to perform.

The band was required to return for the game and for many band parents this was the only game that they were able to attend.

I have a hard time believing anyone is a huge Wake fan but doesn't care if we win but maybe that's you. Your attitude definitly seemed to be the attitude of the entire team. We're not at a point as a football program where winning 7 games and guarenteeing a winning season isn't a big deal.

The game had zero impact on our season.

I believe in an effort to sell more tickets for this game the Athletic Department allowed 3 Pop Warner (little league) Football scrimmages to take place at Halftime. They were allowed to play for 10 minutes which did not allow for any time for the band to perform.

The band was required to return for the game and for many band parents this was the only game that they were able to attend.

Hopefully it was worth it in terms of the extra money it brought in. Do band people sometimes feel like they're treated as an afterthought? Give examples.

Back