• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where will Tommy Amaker be coaching next season (the BC is terrible thread)

Missed this myself but Harvard passed another one of their big tests, taking down St Josephs at home on New Years Eve. Based on the way the other Ivy League teams have been in non-conference play this year I can't imagine Harvard won't run away with the title. Yale at 8-4 has the 2nd best record among the Ivy League teams right now...

Amaker's wife also has a cushy job at Harvard that would be tough for her, as a successful person herself, to leave for Amaker to take another job. I don't see him going anywhere for a while.

I think PH is dead on about the untapped potential of the Ivy league programs. I think most of them are just now putting in the resources from their nearly unlimited endowments to become competitive on the national scene. Harvard could become a sleeping giant with Gonzaga as their absolute dream scenario peak. I can't see the Ivy as a whole matching the MWC, MVC or A10, but it wouldn't shock me to see them compete with the Horizon, WCC, or CAA in that next tier of mid majors.

The issue they'll face is that with no conference tournament, they will be far less likely to ever have a second bid, with one going to a Harvard quality team and a second to the conference tournament champion. They'll have to have two at that level on their own merits.

Amaker laid eggs at both SH and Michigan, trying to compete in very, very different conferences than the Ivy.

Donahue took over a disaster zone, much like Bzz. Drawing any conclusions about either Donahue's future success -- or Amaker's -- from one game is ludicrous.

For the last fucking time we WERE NOT a disaster zone. I am so go damned tired of this excuse.

The loss to Rhode Island at home is a TERRIBLE loss no matter how you slice it...eye test, RPI, KenPom, that's hilariously bad

The loss to Rhode Island at home is a TERRIBLE loss no matter how you slice it...eye test, RPI, KenPom, that's hilariously bad

Agreed. BC is a disgrace. At least there's that. If we don't win both of those games then I'm going full on Bzzout. That being said, I kind of like Ryan Anderson. Liked him in AAU and I think he'll have a nice career for them. He's kind of what I hope Tyler Cavanaugh can develop into...

Great pull.

Love reading this old stuff (especially when I'm not involved and saying something dumb).

Definitely don't remember making this thread but I used to go to tons of BC hoops games and a few Harvard ones. Looking at Amaker's Seton Hall and Michigan record I'd guess a majority of the boards would take those records in the ACC if we could start going back to the tourney (or at least being on the bubble) when comparing them to what we've had under Bzzzzzz and Danny. He's higher on my personal list than Miller or Kelsey or Odom. I think Matta is unrealistic and he won't want to come to Wake, he's probably holding out for a better immediate opportunity to win but he'd be my #1. I'm not sure about Forbes, he's probably #2 out of the 6 names that were out there. And TBD I'm not sure if Amaker and his wife would leave Boston for Wake either but he'd be my #2 or #3.... and I forgot that he rejected Wake previously

https://www.bcinterruption.com/bost...ill-stay-at-harvard-rejecting-wake-forest-too

Back