• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which defensive player would you rather have on your team?

Which player would you prefer on your team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cannot see Nikita going to the coach and telling him that he doesn't feel like playing. I can see a doctor or trainer making that decision for him; but if he has clearance to play, I cannot see him not playing.

NFL scout has said that Clowney operates by a different set of rules. He doesn't do what he doesn't want to do.

Spurrier has lost control over his team.

can't wait for the NFL GM's to give us the answer. it's definitely close!

I wonder if Nikita can improve his stock and slip into the top overall spot in the draft. I know we had all put him in the top five, but behind Clowney. I think with this attitude thing from JD, Nikita might be the number one pick. We'll all have to get Jags jerseys

I'll go with the vastly more talented player, thank you. I prefer to actually try to give myself the best chance to win.

There is no question as to which possesses superior physical skills; but if the player with superior skill is protecting his body for the NFL and is refusing to play up to his potential he becomes a liability.

So far this season the argument could be made that Nikita has had the better year.

Not sure that our guy will play at the next level however.

BTW, not sure I have ever seen a player play harder on every play than Nikita.

Last edited:
DOES THIS GUY REMEMBER NOTHING HIS HS FOOTBALL COACH TAUGHT HIM!?!?!?!?

Right now, in college, I'll take Nikita

But in the NFL, I'll take Clowney under the assumption he knocks off this dumb crap once the first check clears.

I cannot see Nikita going to the coach and telling him that he doesn't feel like playing. I can see a doctor or trainer making that decision for him; but if he has clearance to play, I cannot see him not playing.

NFL scout has said that Clowney operates by a different set of rules. He doesn't do what he doesn't want to do.

Spurrier has lost control over his team.

What may be ever more disturbing is that there will be "normal" people who will be neither shocked nor disturbed by this.

I love Nikita too much not to choose him, give me heart any day. Of course I'd probably get fired pretty quick as a college coach.

It's not dumb crap. It's about tens of millions of dollars.

180712d1327375956-sway-bars-this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amaz-jpg

I'm sure Lattimore's injury weighs heavily on Clowney's decision and I for one, can't really blame him.
I read some article last week that basically said that Lattimore's injury cost him no less than $7.5MM in guaranteed money (high first round pick vs whatever bullshit contract he actually signed). Clowney is going to be a top 5 pick and can only hurt himself at this point by playing. Ignoring social/good team player rules, the decision not to play is the smart one.

ETA: His decision to not play certainly doesn't sit right with me, and I would probably feel worse about it if I were a gamecock, but Dude's got to protect himself and I get that

Last edited:
I'm sure Lattimore's injury weighs heavily on Clowney's decision and I for one, can't really blame him.
I read some article last week that basically said that Lattimore's injury cost him no less than $7.5MM in guaranteed money (high first round pick vs whatever bullshit contract he actually signed). Clowney is going to be a top 5 pick and can only hurt himself at this point by playing. Ignoring social/good team player rules, the decision not to play is the smart one.

That is true, it was pretty much agreed that Clowney was a the number 1 or 2 pick if he could've come out last year, what does a guy in his position have to gain by playing this year. Most kids need to be in a college program for 3 years before going to the NFL, but for the few who don't, it can put them in a tough spot.

I don't blame Clowney. The system should allow a player to leave whenever he desires/is good enough. Had Clowney been able to leave after last season, but elected to come back and he'd still be pulling this crap, then I'd be pissed as a South Carolina fan/coach/player.

Back