• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which of these would you miss the most if it disappeared overnight?

• Total voters
never use snapchat
rarely use twitter
planning to deactivate my FB account
instagram would kinda suck because that's how we share baby pics with family but meh

OG boards i would definitely miss for about a week or so

the boards, but instagram would suck to lose, too.

I said Twitter in spite of the nonzero chance our President declares war against like Norway or something because they're trolling him on a web series or whatever.

Twitter is great. The rest of these generally are bad. At least Instagram and Snapchat don't have #hottakes, though they are quite self-indulgent.

I said Twitter in spite of the nonzero chance our President declares war against like Norway or something because they're trolling him on a web series or whatever.

Twitter is great. The rest of these generally are bad. At least Instagram and Snapchat don't have #hottakes, though they are quite self-indulgent.

no shame; I like all the photos of bikes and beaches and babies and puppies.

Not an official poll. There is no numbers/doofus option.

Snapchat is the only digital communication platform that doesn't leave a written/recorded trail - unique among all the others - I'd miss that the most.

Close between twitter and the boards. I actually think my answer is twitter. I went for a couple months without reading the boards between October and December and didn't even really think about them. Twitter is what I do when I'm bored on my phone.

I'm way too reliant on Twitter. Without it I'd have to figure out new ways to keep up with what is going on in the world and in sports and whatnot.

Boards and not even close.

This.

If a social media outlet disappears, you could adapt fairly easily to finding information and fulfilling social interaction through other avenues (or by focusing more on existing ones). It'll be different (perhaps less efficient), but it has the potential to produce more meaningful interactions in other areas. Of course, I say this as someone who favors the boards heavily and has put their 10,000 hours in /Gladwell

The Boards are a unique situation because it's a community built, at least broadly, on a very important shared experience. For years...decades...this place (and former iterations) has grown, and we have grown with it. I have formed numerous friendships (offline and online) because of this place, I partake in daily discourse on a variety of topics that I care about, and frankly I have spent more time here than any place on the internet, combined. Hell, I still get tons of news here before other outlets, particularly sports but also culture, politics, etc.

Anyway, I love this place. Sentimental rant over.

Edit: I imagine someone engrossed in a specific social media outlet could have similar arguments. But this place is older and has more depth!

Last edited:
I could keep up with most of my boards people on facebook, and get my boards vibe from reddit, but there are lots of facebook people that aren't elsewhere. half of instagram is also on facebook. I never use twitter. snapchat is silly fun but I could survive fine without it. facebook is my hub.

It comes down to Twitter and OG&BB for me.

Facebook is not only a cesspool, but, as far as a user experience goes, is a terrible tool. I have no doubt it's a fantastic data collection tool, but for me, a user, awful.

I'm too #old for Snapface or InstantChat (channeling Coach Bill) and have never tried it, so I can't can't even comment on it.

Instagram - not interested.

Twitter's advantage is it being more all encompassing. I have a long history with the Wake Forest online community, but this forum can't tell me what the torta special is at my local taqueria and I can get at least the same degree of Wake Forest sports info from Twitter, so that's my answer.

Back