• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which rookie QB for your team?

Which QB?

• RGIII

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 40 28.4%
  • Andrew Luck

Votes: 70 49.6%
  • Tanner Price

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
Russell Wilson seems the most competent right now, but Luck is going to have the better long term career. RG3 is too fragile.

Russell Wilson had Marshawn Lynch and the #3 rushing attack in football.

RGIII had Alfred Morris and the #1 rushing attack in football.

Andrew Luck had Vick Ballard/Donald Brown and the #22 rushing attack in football.

All 3 made the playoffs, so it's gotta be Andrew Luck.

Andrew Luck played a ridiculously weak schedule and had an enormous of luck. Colts will regress next year, even if he improves.

Not saying Luck isn't good - he clearly is - but the Colt's W/L record doesn't mean much.

Colts:
2011: 2-14
2012: 11-5

Seahawks:
2011: 7-9
2012: 11-5

Redskins:
2011: 5-11
2012: 10-6

That is the order I would put them in. Redskins and Seahawks both have vastly superior lineups compared to the Colts, and yet Luck was able to get them to 11-5 and a playoff birth. All three are great talents, but RG3 is not nearly a good a passer as Wilson or Luck. He is a vastly superior weapon when healthy, but that is going to go by the way side within 3-4 years max (if not immediately following his return from injury). You can't run a quarterback of his size in the NFL 10 times a game expect him to survive the season. Just too many 250lb LBs and 330lb lineman.

Not taking anything away from him but Luck played a shitty schedule. They beat GB early when they sucked. Beat Texans late when they sucked. Their other wins are Clev, TEN (x2), Mia, Jax, Buf, Det, KC.

I hate to play the homer but RG3 was 2nd in the NFL in passer rating. He set an all-time rookie record for passer rating. He threw 5 picks all year as a rookie. The skins did not throw the ball much, granted, because they ran the ball so well. But dont mistake that for Griffin being unable to become a passer. I take him because of whats between the ears. The other guys are good too.

Not taking anything away from him but Luck played a shitty schedule. They beat GB early when they sucked. Beat Texans late when they sucked. Their other wins are Clev, TEN (x2), Mia, Jax, Buf, Det, KC.

I hate to play the homer but RG3 was 2nd in the NFL in passer rating. He set an all-time rookie record for passer rating. He threw 5 picks all year as a rookie. The skins did not throw the ball much, granted, because they ran the ball so well. But dont mistake that for Griffin being unable to become a passer. I take him because of whats between the ears. The other guys are good too.

I'll be actually impressed if that interception ratio stays as low when he isn't in a one read offense. It is common knowledge that Shanny had him trained to run if his first read was covered.

#skinsfans

I'll be actually impressed if that interception ratio stays as low when he isn't in a one read offense. It is common knowledge that Shanny had him trained to run if his first read was covered.

Calling BS. Link?

Andrew Luck played a ridiculously weak schedule and had an enormous of luck. Colts will regress next year, even if he improves.

Not saying Luck isn't good - he clearly is - but the Colt's W/L record doesn't mean much.

Very much agree with this. Statheads were saying Indy was one of the weakest playoff teams in years based on the numbers. But still, I'd probably go Luck just because I personally believe he'll have the longest career playing at a high level.

I'd trade any player in the NFL for Luck, straight up, except for maybe Aaron Rodgers who is still only 29 years old.

Indy could easily be pretty nasty last year. Real young team, smart GM, and Luck figures to just keep getting better. Plus Tennessee and Jacksonville are good and terrible

Indy could easily be pretty nasty last year. Real young team, smart GM, and Luck figures to just keep getting better. Plus Tennessee and Jacksonville are good and terrible

They need serious improvement on their O-line and secondary to return to the playoffs, methinks.

Back