• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which Wake team over the past 25 years, should have won the NCAAT more than the rest?

Which Wake team over the past 25 years, should have won the NCAAT more than the rest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeaconOEF/OIFvet

Reaction score
As we head into Final Four this weekend, I was recently having a debate with one of my coworkers concerning the more recent Wake teams. Personally, I think that the 94/95 (Chill & Duncan) team should have cut down the nets more so than the rest, but the 04/05 (CP3, Gray, & Big E) team was loaded with offensive talent, as well.

95 squad no doubt. They were peaking at the right time. That team could have easily won it all.

90/91 team had 4 guys that had more than a cup of coffee in the NBA....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

90/91 team had 4 guys that had more than a cup of coffee in the NBA....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I originally had this as a 10 option poll with them as the first option, but somehow inadvertently cut them off. Apologies.

I went with 1996 the year Rutland blew out his knee. We were blowing Ga Tech off the court (and Marbury) to win the ACC title, and then ouch. And we made the final 8 - with Larue forced to run the point.

A healthy Rutland, we avoid UK in the final 8 and...

Didn't Childress inadvertently bounce the damn ball off of Big Country's leg while driving toward the very end of the game?

Rutland missed a baseline jumper right in front of me that would have sealed it. UMASS was over rated and we could have follow the path that Ok St took to the final four.

The only problem with 96 is that they were going to see KY eventually. 05 wasn't flawless, but I liked their chances.

I went with 1996 the year Rutland blew out his knee. We were blowing Ga Tech off the court (and Marbury) to win the ACC title, and then ouch. And we made the final 8 - with Larue forced to run the point.

A healthy Rutland, we avoid UK in the final 8 and...

people seem to forget that. not only was wake dominating that game - Rutland was schooling Marbury

I narrowly chose 04-05 over 94-95. Our schedule in that 05 season was nuts. I am willing to concede that this is a nostalgia pick though.

I was in school for 04-05 so I'm biased but I voted for the 95 team w/ Randolph and Tim D. Should have been a final four team that year.

In 2005, that team was stocked but just ran into a team that matched up perfectly. We prob lose to Illinois again in the Final 4 but I still contend the only team in the country that could be that UNC team that year was Wake.

95 for sure. 05 was awesome and could have won it all, but didn't have the athleticism to match up with the elite teams defensively.

skip would have done some amazing things with the 09 team, too.

[sigh] If only Buzz had been given one more year to coach Green, McClinton and Watson... [sigh]

#14/15whatcouldhavebeen

Back