• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whipple resigns from Pitt

WakeCLT

Reaction score
Rumors he may go to Nebraska

The fake slide was too much for him and he doesn’t want to be associated with cheaters

Probably should just go on the coaching carousel thread

Guess that's good news as there were rumors that Frost wanted Ruggiero.

Guess that's good news as there were rumors that Frost wanted Ruggiero.

... which never made sense, given Frost needs a one-year fix and Ruggiero, even if pried away, would need at least a couple of years to build the offense.

I get that he is losing his better-than-Marino quarterback but Nebraska??? Frost won’t survive half the season next year.

... which never made sense, given Frost needs a one-year fix and Ruggiero, even if pried away, would need at least a couple of years to build the offense.

Yeah, if Frost doesn't win 9 games next year, he's toast.

Yeah, if Frost doesn't win 9 games next year, he's toast.

It's win-win for Whipple. Win 9 or 10 games, he is the genius who saved Frost. Set for multiple years. Lose a bunch? Get named interim coach after Frost is fired, get half season as "head coach."

Anyone else?

r

And Pickett is non-committal on whether he will play in the Peach Bowl, can't really say I blame him

And Pickett is non-committal on whether he will play in the Peach Bowl, can't really say I blame him

Has any QB sat out a major bowl game? Will Grier sat out for WV a few years ago in Orlando, but hes not the caliber player Pickett is.

Has any QB sat out a major bowl game? Will Grier sat out for WV a few years ago in Orlando, but hes not the caliber player Pickett is.

Kyle Trask should have sat out last year. Everyone else did on Florida.

Speaking of Newman, where is he, what is he doing?

Yeah when that was confirmed, Louisville still had a president and AD.

Back