• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whitlock not invited to NFL Combine

Really hate that for the man. He will figure something out.

Sure it stinks but where does a 5'9" 245lb. kid who played NT in college project as a pro ?

Not particularly surprising. The kid cannot be a DT in the NFL. And they aren't taking him as a FB at the combine either.

He'll get to work out at Wake's pro day. He'll get invited to a camp. After that, the rest is on him and the staff of the team that has him in camp.

Justin Jackson not getting an invite is more surprising to me.

He is trying to be a FB in the NFL. He'll get a shot as an UFA somewhere but will be a long shot to even avoid the first cut down.

Canada. James Parker played DL there for several years and, if memory serves, was not much bigger than Nikita.

Just one road to the NFL. Just need to figure out where to play him. He'll get invited to some camps, is my guess

Justin Jackson not getting an invite is more surprising to me.

Sixth leading tackler on the team. 30 fewer tackles than year before. Less than 5 per game doesn't get attention no matter what size / speed may be there.

Kudos to WFU Lurker who violated his user name just to PM me that he understood I was being sarcastic. Much appreciated!

I don't care about his size. If he wants to play in the NFL he will play in the NFL. There is no nose tackle that freaks centers out and gets in the backfield like that kid. Nobody. He may not get drafted but he'll get a shot somewhere. Or he can follow his other dream and become a Navy Seal and kick serious ass. He is simply one of my all time favorite Deacs.

Kudos to WFU Lurker who violated his user name just to PM me that he understood I was being sarcastic. Much appreciated!

You left some out.. I actually did that to tell you that you were an idiot. Which you are.

I have also been violating my username for basically as long as I've had it. So, carry on big boy.

Plenty of players don't make it to the combine and still get a UFA contract and a shot. We had one high potential NFL senior on the team. I assume he's going.

Seriously does Nikita have an agent? Or are they stupid too.

FYI Here is how the players are selected:

How are players selected for the NFL Combine?

Participants are determined annually by a Selection Committee. The Directors of both National and BLESTO scouting services, which combined represent twenty-five NFL teams, are joined by members of various NFL player personnel departments to form the committee. The participating NFL executives can rotate on a yearly basis, and remain anonymous. ALL eligible players are reviewed and voted on by the committee members. Each athlete receiving the necessary number of votes, by position, is then extended an invitation. While it is not a perfect science, the goal of the committee is to invite every player that will be drafted in the ensuing NFL Draft.

http://www.nflcombine.net/faq/how-are-players-selected-for-the-nfl-combine

Back