• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who do you want taking the last shot?

TopHat

Reaction score
After 10 games who do you want to have the ball down 2 with 7 seconds left? Who do you want taking the shot?

CMM did it last year, Crawford's done it, Crab has been good down the stretch, Dinos has been great in some big games, and Wilbekin has hit a few last second shots.

Last edited:
7 seconds or .7 seconds? With 7 seconds left I want CMM driving down the right, Devin in the post on the opposite side with Mitch and Dinos in the corners.

In a catch and shoot I want Mitch.

Mitch if its a shot. I don't like mitch driving to the hoop though, like at all.

I'd feel somewhat comfortable with Craw or Crab with the ball in their hands.

Crawford to drive at the end, might draw a foul or could dish as the defense breaks down.

7 seconds or .7 seconds? With 7 seconds left I want CMM driving down the right, Devin in the post on the opposite side with Mitch and Dinos in the corners.

7 seconds

I would love to see Mitch's numbers in catch and shoot vs. one dribble and shoot. Seems like he isn't that good on catch and shoot, but when he has a chance to dribble and go 3 to 2, or even side-dribble, he shoots a much higher percentage.

To answer the question I still want the ball in Codi's hands to drive and then crash the offensive boards as hard as possible in the event of a miss.

CMM just isn't a good enough FT shooter in that spot IMO. And altho he had some big moments last year in the clutch, he also had some nasty turnovers/shots in that situation last year as well. Crawford can drive at will against man and is a much better FT shooter.

Crawford.

1) He's the future
2) Best vision and best passer on the team
3) Decent finisher, solid handle
4) Very good free throw shooter

Wouldn't complain if it was Codi either. He's been an elite finisher near the rim - just needs to get fully back.

A: The bald guy on the bench with the suit.

No doubt. Seriously if it was 10 seconds left down 1 and it was legal for Chill to take off his suit, put on his sneakers and jersey, I'd take him over anybody we got.

Crawford.

1) He's the future
2) Best vision and best passer on the team
3) Decent finisher, solid handle
4) Very good free throw shooter

Wouldn't complain if it was Codi either. He's been an elite finisher near the rim - just needs to get fully back.

I'd like to see him finish around the rim a bit more. I'm not worried. Its coming.

Crawford is the better foul shooter but his finishing rate around the rim is horrid.

Kinda surprised not to see Crab up there, but I guess he hasn't had a shot to do it. He's a good shooter off the dribble, can get to the basket, and is a better free throw shooter than CMM and maybe Crawford. I also think he's our best midrange shooter.

I'd like to see him finish around the rim a bit more. I'm not worried. Its coming.

Agreed, although some of his misses have been open layups - anyone who's played ball with a dislocated finger knows how much it can affect close in fingertip shots when you tape a couple fingers together. Takes a while to adjust. I've definitely seen him look down at his hand after a few misses with that annoyed look like he'd never usually miss that shot.

Kinda surprised not to see Crab up there, but I guess he hasn't had a shot to do it. He's a good shooter off the dribble, can get to the basket, and is a better free throw shooter than CMM and maybe Crawford. I also think he's our best midrange shooter.

On an aside, I really want to see Crab go to the basket more/shoot some mid-range jumpers. He did it against UCLA but we haven't seen it since.

That's an element of his game that we need.

Once we get CMM/Crab/Crawford getting to the basket we could be a scary team offensively. Lots of weapons for the first time in a long time.

Collins. He's got a terrific touch in the paint and can elevate. If fouled, he will convert.

Back