• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who else did Ron Wellman hire in the AD?

Well said, thedeacfan. Just PM BallStateDeac directly for the details. It's mindblowing.

This is probably payback for inside information Casstevens gave Wellman when he was cooking the books at KK.

I was told to leave Ball State Deac a visitor message and he'll reply back in PM.

why-god-why1.jpg

BallState copied me the PM that was sent to him. It was INSANE. PM him for it. It'll make your Friday afternoon.

Oh man, RedSoxFaithful just laid an absolute nuclear BOMB on Stratton following this post in a scathing PM to Ball State Deac. Total annihilation. Makes public school filth seem like a compliment.

that PUNK. It is loser elitist SCUMS like RSF that is holding this whole entire campaign back....listen, we are all working for the same cause and when one person craps on it then that is crap, it is bullcrap, and he needs to be dealt with

ive said it before and I will say it Again. where are the results??? we need to see results from this PUNK. while he is out dicking around and schmearing on our good family's Surname, i am out here on our board of trustees lawns every morning so i can write BUZZ OUT on theyre morning newspapers and sometimes draw some pictures of butts too. so now when they are reading those morning newspapers and their sons are there eating bowls of cinnamoned toast crunch with some 1% milk, theyll see the Buzz out and the pictures of the buts and say "why is that on our newspapers" and then the person will have to look THAT BOY in the eye and say "it is because i am all about some jeffrey [Redacted], son", and they will be more and more shamed every single day until finally something happens and they cant take it anymore

THAT is how we will see ACTUAL RESULTS from this campaign....sometimes you have to actually do something and work to bring change but little punks like RSF dont understand that.

ballstatedeac can you PM me a copy of this ATTACK as well?? it is Important that i know what i am dealing with here

thanks

Didn't know where to post this, but Ron Wellman's culture seriously ruins everything.

The NCAA tournament selection committee has been gathered this week in Park City, Utah, to discuss the future of the event. While ESPN’s Andy Katz notes a number of topics that the group may be discussing, the only one that really matters is the committee becoming more diligent in how it constructs the bracket.

Keeping teams closer to home and/or family is nice, and moving more games out of domes probably will lead to better atmospheres (and maybe marginally better shooting, if you believe in the dome effect). But those are issues that impact both teams and/or the overall presentation and feel of the event. The committee’s primary purpose should be to construct the fairest bracket from competitive purposes, and that means getting the seeding as correct as possible and not disadvantaging higher seeds for the sake of satisfying another, less-important goal.

Having projected fields annually for a decade now and having gone through the media mock selection process a few years ago, I’ve come to grips with the rather sizable number of considerations the committee has to deal with in selection and seeding. Every year, there’s discussion of snubs, but all in all, the committee has regularly done a fine job with who it puts in the field and a relatively good job in how the teams are then seeded.

Where I have always believed the committee falls a bit short, in part because the process as established doesn’t allow enough time for thoughtful consideration, is in the actual bracketing process, where the committee creates the field. Last year’s totally avoidable fiasco with 5-seed UNLV playing 12-seed Cal in San Jose was the latest example of situations that can be avoided had the committee spent a few more minutes working it out. In last year’s case, all they had to do was move 12-seed Akron to a different region, but even if the solution is more complicated than that, the bracket deserves more attention than it gets.

The overriding philosophy of the committee is that you can play your way out of a bad seed, but not exclusion from the field, so they spend the majority of their time on selection. That makes sense as a base consideration, but the national championship tournament also should be set up as fairly — and, yes, as entertainingly — as possible, and that requires more time to be spent on the bracket placement process itself.

It also may require a change in some of the existing rules as conferences continue to swell in size. The current rules to avoid conference members facing each other often leads to the shuffling around of one-bid league entrants and lots of mid-on-mid violence on the opening weekend. While the committee has said in the past that these matchups guarantee advancement for at least one of the smaller-conference teams, it eliminates some of the David-vs.-Goliath magic of the event.

One of my not-going-to-happen proposals is for there to be no conference tournament finals on Selection Sunday. with everything wrapped up by late Saturday night, the committee would have more time to take a macro view of what it’s creating and make sure it’s the beat and fairest product, both for the participants and for the viewers and sponsors that help make it the NCAA’s most lucrative property. However we can give the committee more time to look at the actual bracketing placement, the better. Putting teams physically into the bracket is the last of the three necessary steps to create the tournament, but the relative lack of attention it gets annually makes the NCAA tournament less than it could be.

Ball State Deac, make sure you attach the original MS Paint doc that came with your PM from RedSoxFaithful. The one purporting to depict the "generations and generations of Strattons sodomizing one another." It provides important context for the text of the PM.

Back to reality. Is it an NCAA violation to reward a donor by giving them a high level position in the athletic dept?

Back to reality. Is it an NCAA violation to reward a donor by giving them a high level position in the athletic dept?

Yes it is. Has that happened at Wake? If so, it should be reported to the Winston-Salem Police Department immediately.

Back