• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who gets more tail?

Who crosses home plate more?

• Minor league ball players

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • College ball players

Votes: 39 78.0%

• Total voters
Somewhere in there value needs to be included. The number one goal when picking up a girl at a bar is for her to find out that you have value.

Value can be many different things but some examples are being the alpha male of your group, having a very lucrative or appealing job, you being a very good boyfriend/hookup, etc. When a girl is judging if she wants to hook up with a guy or start dating a guy, the number 1 thing is that they are trying to judge if you have value.

The issue then becomes how can you get a girl to see your value. There are varying ways of making it happen. Let's use the value example of you being a great person and a good hookup.

The strongest way of her finding out is a trusted friend tells her. This is often the case if you two have a mutual friend. The next is that one of your friends or really anyone unknown to her tells her. There are varying levels within this as the girl is inherently forced to first judge the source, as this comment is a lot stronger coming from another guy she deems valuable rather than your friend with the 'creepy' vibe. And the last one is of course you just telling her straight up, as often this comes across as bragging. There are other ways to show you have value without being direct about it, such as telling a story that subtly provides information or having her overhear a conversation between you and someone else.

Value is how she interprets your power/money/looks vs her ability to attract those things

power is the ability to influence others....not just political power, but could be interpersonal power (i.e. smooth talker, sense of humor, musician) All women care about power, at varying degrees, but they all do.
Money is really code for security and comfort and in some cases acts as something tangible by which people can compare themselves (not saying that's right, but it happens). It in itself can bring power, but isn't necessarily power

hmm okay I was thinking "power" as mostly just being important at your job or similar. I don't see how musician = power (well unless it's a bigtime popular musician) but we're obviously coming at this from different directions.

the stability of money/income is important to me. a guy doesn't need a lot of money but I'd really prefer him to have a job and steady income. employed > student.

musicians have power in the sense that they have the ability to influence people with their music. Music/art has a message usually and that is usually targets human emotion, thus being able to make people feel certain emotions is powerful because you are influencing how they feel. Any artist has power in that they have the ability to influence people. Power can be found in many facets of life.

of course if your music or art sucks/is ineffective then you have no power

Last edited:
musicians have power in the sense that they have the ability to influence people with their music. Music/art has a message usually and that is usually targets human emotion, thus being able to make people feel certain emotions is powerful because you are influencing how they feel. Any artist has power in that they have the ability to influence people. Power can be found in many facets of life.

of course if your music or art sucks/is ineffective then you have no power

in a band: get laid

karaoke: no dice

Back