• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who Has Voted Already?

DeacLaw05

Reaction score
I went and early voted today--I'm proudly wearing my "I Voted" sticker...

Fairly busy at the early voting site I went to. I probably waited 5-10 minutes before I got my ballot. However, the crowd was nothing like what I typically saw at the same location four years ago (I went a couple of times--once to vote myself, and a couple of more times taking elderly/disabled neighbors to vote curbside). It was pretty obvious based on the turnout last time around that McCain had no shot whatsoever--the sheer number of African-American voters I saw in 2008 was stunning. It was nothing like that today.

I'd be interested in reading observations from the rest of the board over what you see/experience when you go to vote. Thought this could be a fun thread.

I went and early voted today--I'm proudly wearing my "I Voted" sticker...

Fairly busy at the early voting site I went to. I probably waited 5-10 minutes before I got my ballot. However, the crowd was nothing like what I typically saw at the same location four years ago (I went a couple of times--once to vote myself, and a couple of more times taking elderly/disabled neighbors to vote curbside). It was pretty obvious based on the turnout last time around that McCain had no shot whatsoever--the sheer number of African-American voters I saw in 2008 was stunning. It was nothing like that today.

I'd be interested in reading observations from the rest of the board over what you see/experience when you go to vote. Thought this could be a fun thread.

in Gastonia? so you voted at the elections department at York-Chester? or are other sites open already?

also did you go to vote on the first day of early voting in 2008?

I won't vote until after the third debate, and likely not until election day. Forget that hooky website, but I'm leery to vote too early and miss some October Surprise type moment, or a head-to-head meltdown. Plus I like the feel of election day.

I won't vote until after the third debate, and likely not until election day. Forget that hooky website, but I'm leery to vote too early and miss some October Surprise type moment, or a head-to-head meltdown. Plus I like the feel of election day.

Just go back later and cancel your earlier vote out if you don't like it. Pretty simple math, really.

in Gastonia? so you voted at the elections department at York-Chester? or are other sites open already?

also did you go to vote on the first day of early voting in 2008?

Yes, at York Chester. I think there are three other sites in the county, but I've only ever early voted there.

In 2008, I think I went on the second day, and was back a couple of more times in the two weeks after that. Even when I drove by that area, though, you could see that there were lines out the door that stretched down the sidewalk significantly. The line wasn't nearly that long today.

Also, I agree with Arlington that I like voting on election day, but I'm never quite sure when I'm going to get called into court on something, so I generally have to find a way to vote early just in case something comes up.

LOL at the thought of you doing anything but voting for Obama this election.

I'll early vote but I need a bit more time to finish reading up on all the local races/issues before heading to the polls. I already know who my vote for president is, but I'm admittedly stumped on much of the local stuff as I just haven't had much time to read about any of it.

LOL at the thought of you doing anything but voting for Obama this election.

I'll early vote but I need a bit more time to finish reading up on all the local races/issues before heading to the polls. I already know who my vote for president is, but I'm admittedly stumped on much of the local stuff as I just haven't had much time to read about any of it.

It wouldn't become a vote for Romney, but no politician has ever had a "nothing you can do can cost you my vote" pass from me. That seems nonsensical. If Obama got caught, say, purchasing meth next week, he'd lose my vote. Not going to happen, but what's the rush? Voting this early just seems a tad premature, that's all. More like pledging allegiance than picking the best candidate. Just my two cents, and I wholly understand those that vote early out of conviction or scheduling requirements. There's no wrong answer.

Vote Strickland for District Court Judge in Mecklenburg County.

Hey tagger, who said I was undecided between Romney and Obama? I can assure you that I won't be voting for Mitt Romney. That said, literately anyone can lose my vote if they screw up or stop doing what I want. I have a hard time understanding how people can see politics any differently. And I'm most certainly middle-left. The problem is the national GOP has run so far from the middle, they can't recognize what it looks like any more.

I LOVE voting on Election Day. Plus I've worked the polls a couple of times and I like to see my old friends.

Silk has voted. It was a little strange; i was asked for my date of birth.

I was the 164th to vote. Last election I was 17th on the 6th day the early voting site opened so a bigger turnout it appears locally.

I'm going to vote early but haven't exactly figured out when yet. No open polls in my town and I have to be in Knoxville on election day. Looks like i'll have to drive 15-20 miles to get my vote in during my lunch one day soon.

Haven't voted yet I am still getting my papers in order. So far I have my Drivers License, passport, social security card, certified birth certificate, school ID, Hospital ID, tax returns, finger prints, and notarized documents from my mom and dad. I feel like I am probably risking it so need to get some more just to be safe.

Back