• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who Is Going To Ga Tech game on Sat.?

As I've said time and again:

No WF employee is greater or more important than WF itself or its students, alumni, or fans. Especially any employee who, until becoming a paycheck-receiving employee, was never in any of those categories. Being pissed at [Redacted] is one thing. Actually rooting for Wake to lose is something else.

As I've said time and again:

No WF employee is greater or more important than WF itself or its students, alumni, or fans. Especially any employee who, until becoming a paycheck-receiving employee, was never in any of those categories. Being pissed at [Redacted] is one thing. Actually rooting for Wake to lose is something else.

Wake losing a few more games this season helps Wake recover faster from this disaster.
I'm not rooting against [Redacted] to get wins just out of spite, I'm rooting against him picking up any more wins which would enable him to continue to hurt our program for even more years to come.

I agree, I'm 100 percent Bzzzout even after Tuesday night, but this team plays hard and with heart, they deserve support from our "fans."

Do our "fans" deserve the support of an "Athletic Director" who is not a condescending prick?

Again, Wellman isn't going to fire [Redacted], at least not this year or (maybe) even next year. Your better bet is to hope that [Redacted] does what he usually does; stay at a job just long enough to bring it to the brink of respectability, resign on his own accord, and then take credit for any subsequent success thereafter. I think that scenario is especially likely here given his advanced age and the inevitability of Wellman's retirement (i.e., I could see the two exiting voluntarily around the same time frames). Moreover, the more signs of life we show now, the more attractive this job will look to potential hires when the job actually does open up.

Long story short: root for our team like you always (should) do.

Again, Wellman isn't going to fire [Redacted], at least not this year or (maybe) even next year. Your better bet is to hope that [Redacted] does what he usually does; stay at a job just long enough to bring it to the brink of respectability, resign on his own accord, and then take credit for any subsequent success thereafter. I think that scenario is especially likely here given his advanced age and the inevitability of Wellman's retirement (i.e., I could see the two exiting voluntarily around the same time frames). Moreover, the more signs of life we show now, the more attractive this job will look to potential hires when the job actually does open up.

Long story short: root for our team like you always (should) do.

This is the most compelling argument I've seen for me to reverse course and going back to what I've always done.

Not that I will, mind, just saying that it is a good argument put forward.

This is the most compelling argument I've seen for me to reverse course and going back to what I've always done.

Not that I will, mind, just saying that it is a good argument put forward.

NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+First+Round+Miami+1WvPj_OMUB5l.jpg

I, the Townie Brat, class 77, will be there. This is my inagural post.

I don't think there is enough compelling evidence out there that Bzz would just randomly resign when things get good. Every time before he left for a better gig. I don't see that happening this time.

I still think the better bet is that we would be so bad that Wellman would have no other choice

I'll be there.

I think the last time I saw Wake win here (including ACC Tourneys and football games) was when Josh Howard was on the team.

I'll be there......in a courtside seat (I think) thanks to a GT friend with very good season tickets.

I'll be the guy wearing black.

Go back and watch the game there from 93 on the acc vault site. Incredible first half of basketball. Rodney was amazing.

Back