• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is hiring new coach Wellman or BOT?

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Since Grobe is leaving, perfect time for Wellman to go as we'll, after the bzz fiasco I am assuming Wellman does not have free use of the credit card on the next hire, is this too much to hope for?

I say we let Goolsbyrules pick.

If he applies the same level of critical thinking, attention to detail, and passion for sentence structure and punctuation to the job search as he does to posting on these message boards, I can't imagine he'd do worse than Wellman.

If he applies the same level of critical thinking, attention to detail, and passion for sentence structure and punctuation to the job search as he does to posting on these message boards, I can't imagine he'd do worse than Wellman.

You are too kind

i like how goolsby has to start a new thread every time he has a thought. you can participate in other threads, goolsby.

I'd prefer to let Goolsby pick over Ronnie. :thumbsup:

I'd have more trust in a Ouija board to pick the right coach for us then I have in Ron Wellman.

i like how goolsby has to start a new thread every time he has a thought. you can participate in other threads, goolsby.

Didnt see this discussed in the another thread, I stop reading when someone suggested hiring Petrino.

This is a very good question. At Duke, Joe Alleva was set to hire Karl Dorrell who had just been fired at UCLA. The Duke BOT jumped in, and demanded that Alleva at least interview Cutcliffe. A year later, Alleva moved on to LSU. How did that work out? Imagine what might happen if Wake's BOT sits idly by, and lets Wellman make the hire with no input (again).

Didnt see this discussed in the another thread, I stop reading when someone suggested hiring Petrino.

there are plenty of threads to bring this up in, and your sense of humor meter is broken. don't be obtuse.

This is a very good question. At Duke, Joe Alleva was set to hire Karl Dorrell who had just been fired at UCLA. The Duke BOT jumped in, and demanded that Alleva at least interview Cutcliffe. A year later, Alleva moved on to LSU. How did that work out? Imagine what might happen if Wake's BOT sits idly by, and lets Wellman make the hire with no input (again).

Thank you HFC3, this is all I was asking and this was my concern. I am hoping that Wellman and Bzz are done here as soon as the basketball season is over and I dont think Wellman should be allowed anymore to make any more coaching decisions.

Jerk_zpsd7bf089a.jpg

Sent Wellman an invite to discuss replacements but got the 'ole denial.

Back