• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is the best program of the BCS era?

Haha they have Alabama 11. I know Bama was like a .500 team before Saban showed up but come on. Three BCS titles. LSU definitely deserves to be higher too. They feel like the most consistent to me (with an argument for tOSU and OU) and have two titles.

Haha they have Alabama 11. I know Bama was like a .500 team before Saban showed up but come on. Three BCS titles. LSU definitely deserves to be higher too. They feel like the most consistent to me (with an argument for tOSU and OU) and have two titles.

FWIW, Bama had a bunch of wins vacated between 2005-7 (like 20 or so); not sure if that's playing into how these guys are evaluating the overall records or not.

Spoken like a true Gamecock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

True. Hard to pick one great program from an entire conference of teams. They rotate in and out. Meanwhile a team like tOSU can make something like 10 BCS games because they play in a weak conference like the Big Ten. So when one team can dominate a weak league like that, or we have 2 teams like FSU & Clemson who are so far & away above the rest of the ACC. That is why it is actually good to see an Oregon come in and challenge a power like USC in the Pac 12 with a consistent winner. Because in the SEC you get 4 or 5 teams that stay in the Top 10. Their 4th best team, South Carolina is Top 10 and in the Capital One Bowl and their 3rd best team, Mizzou is Top 10 and is in the Cotton Bowl [and the Gamecocks beat them]. And they rotate national titles among Florida, LSU, Auburn & Bama. Hopefully this year FSU can break thru.

A case could be made for LSU, Bama, and UF. Auburn is in that 5-10 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

True. Hard to pick one great program from an entire conference of teams. They rotate in and out. Meanwhile a team like tOSU can make something like 10 BCS games because they play in a weak conference like the Big Ten. So when one team can dominate a weak league like that, or we have 2 teams like FSU & Clemson who are so far & away above the rest of the ACC. That is why it is actually good to see an Oregon come in and challenge a power like USC in the Pac 12 with a consistent winner. Because in the SEC you get 4 or 5 teams that stay in the Top 10. Their 4th best team, South Carolina is Top 10 and in the Capital One Bowl and their 3rd best team, Mizzou is Top 10 and is in the Cotton Bowl [and the Gamecocks beat them]. And they rotate national titles among Florida, LSU, Auburn & Bama. Hopefully this year FSU can break thru.

A third of the conference rotates in and out. South Carolina is not in that third.

Back