• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is willing to go on a hunger strike until Wellman steps down?

One has to remember that if we had a BOT who gave a rats behind about what we are doing in athletics they would have called for Ron Wellmans ouster back after the second year of the Jeff Buzz debacle. We were mired in a whole lot of pig slop athletics then anyway in many sports because of him and he was living off the glory years of Jim Grobes hiring and the 3 glory years of football and the Orange bowl but that was all the way back now in 2006. Things got crappy quick at Auburn and about 2 years after a damn National Title Gene Chizik was gone and glory got restored by Gus Malzahn. Fatso Friedgen took Maryland to the Orange Bowl in 2002 but when they went into the dumper they knew when to get rid of him. Our guy has hired two losers for baseball coaches and yet he is still here. Apparently he answers to nobody or nobody cares.

We are so screwed if Wellman hand picks his successor. I wonder if the board would let Mike Buddie come back or if they'd want to bring in someone fresh.

The only thing Wellman should be allowed to pick is his nose.

Needs to happen. Let's get some publicity behind it. We haven't been to a major sports (football, basketball, or baseball) postseason in the 2010's. Seriously, how long has it been? No other Power 5 school would put up with this. Let the hunger strikes begin!

Baseball is not a major sport.

I drove from the soccer game directly to Fullsteam in Durham. I skipped dinner and am on my 5th Carver Ale. Does that count?

Reactions: DDA
Oppressed hunger strike dude from Missouri might be willing to fly in to help recruit strikers if his dad lets him use the family Gulfstream.

For those on the fence about whether to hunger strike until Wellman is gone or Wake makes the postseason in a major sport (yes, most of the USA considers football, basketball, and baseball to be the 3 major sports in our country), we are willing to overlook beer or alcohol consumption and not consider that nutritional sustenance (a la siff) for any protest purposes. Let us know.

Actually attended a lecture on the history of hunger strikes today......yeah we won't be successful

Let's put up a billboard somewhere really noticeable in W-S. Hoist Stratt up there as our hunger striker and have Rooskin manage the media from below. Guaranteed to be a 3 ring circus.

Back