• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who really thinks a back up quarterback would do better?

Can back up do better

• I think a backup WILL do better

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Price or die

Votes: 31 86.1%

• Total voters

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
I know this is not even the close to being the worst of our problems. But I saw on TOB some posters calling for Price's head. Just wanted to get a consensus view from this board.

I don't think they would have done better but it would have been okay with me to put in a backup during one of Tanner's poorer games (over/under throwing easy passes). Almost certainly would not have resulted in better QB play but it might have sent a message to Price to shake this mental funk he's been in this year. O-line has been terrible but he's missed way too many passes while not on the run.

True. His missed passes were exposed tremendously during the ND game (although it has been going on all year). However, drops have been bad all year long as well

Of course, you could put eleven fifty year olds out there and stop our "cupcake offense". When you know we aren't ever going to go deep and a vast majority of our passes are under seven yards, stopping our "attack" ain't that difficult.

Under the coaching and the "system" if youcan call it that, Price has regressed. The player is not the root problem.

Losing NFL receivers and replacing them with guys who can't catch a fucking cold will do that to a QB.

Funny how Camp's numbers are pretty good with our regressing quarterback throwing to him...

Losing NFL receivers and replacing them with guys who can't catch a fucking cold will do that to a QB.

Funny how Camp's numbers are pretty good with our regressing quarterback throwing to him...

I think that when you are as good as Camp (NFL caliber), you will get your touches regardless of QB/the system/o-line

If you watch a few college football games you will definitely see quarterbacks who can't hold Tanner's jock putting up better numbers than him because they have more than two seconds to throw the ball. They also have receivers who know how to get open and catch the ball.

If you watch a few college football games you will definitely see quarterbacks who can't hold Tanner's jock putting up better numbers than him because they have more than two seconds to throw the ball. They also have receivers who know how to get open and catch the ball.

This. You can't throw deep without time.

Yeah its looking like Cameron is the future. I just dont see a Rs-Fresh coming in and taking 4 year starter job

Back