• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who was your favorite player to transfer out of Wake

Favorite Demon Deacon to transfer

• Kevin Swinton

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Anthony Gurley

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Shamaine Dukes

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • JT Terrell

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • Ari Stewart

• Tony Woods

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Jamie Skeen

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • Loren Woods

• Other

Votes: 32 14.3%

• Total voters
Aside from the inter-team competition. I recall Arinze bulked up greatly and lost his basketball touch. His 1st year was his best as that team of 5 freshmen beat NCSU in Raleigh. (season final? for some pretty good NCSU players)

Yeah, we used to call it getting "Arinzed".

Well he had used his redshirt year.

Another thing, and perhaps you can speak to this, Ph: it seems odd that, with his career aspirations, that he'd get his diploma from Henderson State rather than Wake. RJ seemed to have a similar mindset and he chose to graduate early.

Arinze's dunk over Battier and ensuing charge call unearthed the rage I had for Battier and Duke.

I was in a bar and my head popped off.

Lots of revisionist history on a lot of guys' skill sets on this thread. Most of these guys were pretty bad when they were here.

Another thing, and perhaps you can speak to this, Ph: it seems odd that, with his career aspirations, that he'd get his diploma from Henderson State rather than Wake. RJ seemed to have a similar mindset and he chose to graduate early.

That's a mystery to me as well.

Back then, he couldn't have graduated and played his 5th year elsewhere to start his masters.

It speaks to a larger issue in higher education that the degree of record isn't necessary where a majority of credits were earned.

Todd May. Not even close. I remember him torching Kenny Green in the gold and black game just days before transferring.

Back