• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

who watched Guys with Kids?

SC DEAC

Reaction score
I watched since I am a guy with kids and holy crap was this show terrible. I winced the entire way through it so much that I annoyed my wife. The girl who played Meadow Soprano is just a horrible actress. The laugh track is so loud that it was distracting. The jokes were lame. The plot was a ripoff of an old Wings episode. I could go on and on. Just terrible.

My wife saw a commercial for it and commented how she thought it was funny and we should DVR it. I successfully and quickly shot down that idea.

From the previews it seemed to me there weren't any actual parents involved in the writing of the show.
I made it through about 7 minutes of The Neighbors last night after Modern Family. I'll be surprised if the show lasts til next week.
Of course, I also thought 2 Broke Girls was dumb and it became a hit.

It's on my DVR now. Wife and I watched its lead-in show, "Animal Practice", and thought it was severely disappointing (although the monkey is hilarious). All the new NBC stuff has fallen flat for me except "Go On", which I actually really like.

My wife watched the Mindy Project. What I saw of it was just awful. Self indulgent crap with no real plot and an unlikable main character who won't stfu.

Oh, America...

Guys with Kids - 4.7 million viewers; 1.6 demo
Mindy Project - 4.7; 2.4
2 Broke Girls - 10; 3.7
Go On - 7.3; 2.7

Parks & Rec - 3.5; 1.7 :rulz:

Watched 3 minutes of Kate & Ben before deleting. Partners & The Mindy Project are on the DVR.

Saw enough horrible promos during The Olympics to avoid all new NBC sitcoms.

My wife watched the Mindy Project. What I saw of it was just awful. Self indulgent crap with no real plot and an unlikable main character who won't stfu.

‏@drewmagary
"Don't be so hard on yourself, Mindy! YOU'RE AWESOME, MINDY!" -All 30 minutes of The Mindy Kaling Project

Watched 3 minutes of Kate & Ben before deleting.

I'm jealous, I forged ahead and watched the other 20 minutes of Kate & Ben. So bad. So so bad.

Is there anything worth a damn for new shows, of any genre? If "Go On" is the best in class, that's a sad state of affairs.

Watch "The Neighbors." It is literally the worst thing that has ever been put on television.

It's a last resort at this point.

I would have thought after The Shield that Anthony Andersen would have made a leap. He's wasted talent in crap like this.

Back