• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who wins the Coastal Division this year? (Spoilers: It's Duke)

Who will win the Coastal Division in 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
While the Atlantic Division will come down to Clemson and Florida State, the Coastal seems pretty wide open.

Week 1 results:
Miami - Beat Florida Atlantic 34-6
Georgia Tech - Beat Elon 70-0
Virginia - Beat BYU 19-16
Duke - Beat NC Central 45-0
Pitt - Plays tomorrow night against Florida State
Virginia Tech - Lost to Alabama 35-10
North Carolina - Lost to South Carolina 27-10

Who do you have winning the division?

None of the above.

If someone has to, maybe UNC, Miami or GT. Clemson and FSU are the only decent ACC teams this year.

Duke, Virginia, and Pitt definitely won't. Any of the other four could.

Also Miami should have a pretty good year. I think Georgia Tech is better with Vad Lee.

Attila, when is UVA going to ink a real QB? This has got to be the weakest QB stretch since before Shawn Moore. Bobby Goodman and Tim Sherman would be upgrades.

I think GT wins it this year.
Their offense will be good as usual. The big difference will be their D. New coach (Ted Roof) and a re-built defense.
As stated, it's wide open for a chance to play against Clemson in the championship game.

anybody can beat clemson. it's clemson.

Attila, when is UVA going to ink a real QB? This has got to be the weakest QB stretch since before Shawn Moore. Bobby Goodman and Tim Sherman would be upgrades.

I don't know on that one. Watford hasn't played in a couple of yrs but he could do alright. Greyson Lambert is supposed to have a lot of potential.

last good QB was probably Schaub. Lalich may have done well if he had not gotten into trouble and been thrown out.

I don't know on that one. Watford hasn't played in a couple of yrs but he could do alright. Greyson Lambert is supposed to have a lot of potential.

last good QB was probably Schaub. Lalich may have done well if he had not gotten into trouble and been thrown out.

I'd argue Biscuit was a fine college QB after Schaub (and could have been more effective had Groh run some option with him, but at that time they didn't run the option in the NFL, so Groh's limited imagination kept him from running it at UVA). But yeah, it's been a QB desert since then.

Watford ain't much. Threw a bad pick in the 1st half and another that should have been picked, and he has happy feet. I left after halftime in the pouring rain after we already had had a 2 hour rain delay, so I missed whatever happened in the 2nd half. Defense looked pretty credible. There was a buttload of Mor(m)ons at the game. More visiting fans I've seen than any school not named VT. And they all had kids of all ages. Apparently, there is a passage in the Book of Mor(m)on that says, "Be fruitful and multiply, and take all your kids to BYU football games."

Back