• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who's fault is it, Buzz or Wellman?

DeaconsWAW

Reaction score
Which person caused this to WFU, Buzz or Wellman? Explain why.

Last edited:
100% Wellman's.

Bz is what he has always been and he did what he's always done. You can no more blame him for what happened than you can blame a baby for shitting his diaper or a wild animal for biting you if you threaten it.

It's his nature.

Wellman is the one that looked at him and decided he wanted some of that action.

100% Wellman's.

Bz is what he has always been and he did what he's always done. You can no more blame him for what happened than you can blame a baby for shitting his diaper or a wild animal for biting you if you threaten it.

It's his nature.

Wellman is the one that looked at him and decided he wanted some of that action.

This without a doubt.

100% Wellman's.

It's his nature.

End thread.

100% Wellman's.

It's his nature.

Brilliantly put.

100% Wellman's.

It's his nature.

I also quoted this post.

100% Wellman's.

It's his nature.

I move that we accept the resolution by acclimation.

Really feel like Wellman committed the ultimate sin of talent evaluators...he feel in love after one game. That 2006 game against Air Force where they blasted us was everything Wellman utimately wanted at Wake: a bunch of high character four year guys who can play at a high level and excel in classroom. It was just his wet dream and he laser focused on that one night in november 2006 instead of taking the longer view of [Redacted]'s career (or even the long view of that particular Air Force team who flamed out in February and March.)

Kind of like a Baseball GM where They see an opponent have a 4 for 4 day against their team and fall in love with that player while ignoring that that player is a career .250 hitter (or in [Redacted]'s case, a career .150 hitter).

Of course RW didn't even do enough homework to realize that it wasn't Bzz but Joe Scott who built that AFA program. Never hire the guy who follows the guy

Wellman. Brings someone in and puts a staff in place for him. Seldom works.

100% Wellman's.

It's his nature.

I move that we accept the resolution by acclimation.

I second the motion...

Wellman. Should never have promoted Dino to anything other than interim head coach. Then compounded the error by "going with his gut" and hiring [Redacted] without conducting a thorough search.

Wellman failed to even consider that Air Force beat the worst Wake team since the Staak era. That same team got beat by 15 at Depaul two weeks later, by 8 at USF a month later, and had a six game conference losing streak of losses by 10, 14, 22, 12, 28, and 8.

Last edited:
Wellman failed to even consider that Air Force beat the worst Wake team since the Staak era. That same team got beat by 15 at Depaul two weeks later, by 8 at USF a month later, and had a six game conference losing streak of losses by 10, 14, 22, 12, 28, and 8.

I don't disagree but this is a symptom to a much bigger problem. Wellman made an egregious decision, which has become apparent, that had absolutely zero due diligence or oversight from the administration.
To me, the biggest question is not Buzz. Once he's fired, we still are left with the same problem. An arrogant, SOB who thinks he is bigger than the institution and apparently answers to NO ONE.

Until the Wellman problem is resolved, all of the historical analysis in the world won't change our sucktitude. Including FACILITIES!

I don't disagree but this is a symptom to a much bigger problem. Wellman made an egregious decision, which has become apparent, that had absolutely zero due diligence or oversight from the administration.
To me, the biggest question is not Buzz. Once he's fired, we still are left with the same problem. An arrogant, SOB who thinks he is bigger than the institution and apparently answers to NO ONE.

Until the Wellman problem is resolved, all of the historical analysis in the world won't change our sucktitude. Including FACILITIES!

I agree. Hatch either does have the brains (or is it the balls) to be Ron Wellman's boss. And apparently the BOT is just a bunch of "go along to get along" seat warmers. If Wake is ever going to demonstrate a committment to athletic excellence (while staying within NCAA guidlines); we need MAJOR changes at the top. With 20 years of Ron Wellman, we've had some success. But overall, nowhere near what we should have had. Maybe he was successful at building facilities, but athletic programs - not so much.

WELLMAN! He needed to put in place a committee for a proper coaching search to have been conducted.

To this day, I still feel that Groce would have been such a committee's choice back then. :thumbsup:

C) The stupid lemmings who bought into the bullshit that Wellman was selling them.

Back