• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why a rich white dude didn't vote for Romney...

Caturday

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I think Mitt Romney is a great investor, really one of the best of all time. I also have connections to Mitt and until his 47% comments I thought he was a reasonable man. I ended up voting for Obama because I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for a man that is so completely unabashedly out of touch with how the US will be. I get it, candidates flip flop but I don't get how a man can just simply lack vision for the future. I didn't want to vote for Obama but he's a man who actually looks forward, not a man who looks back. That's the difference. Traders, like myself, want vision, we want a plan (even if we disagree). The GOP lacks this and Democrats lack it as well but not to the degree of the GOP. So I'll pay my extra tax dollars and will be pissed about capital gains but at least I have a sense for what will happen. Uncertainty is the worst. I still believe that small government is the way to go but fighting an archaic battle isn't for me. I think that Obama's view of the economy and mine are completely at odds but there's some validity in his ideas unlike Romney's BS.

This thread should be titled "How a rich white dude is trying to gain acceptance from board Democrats".

Let me start by saying I think Mitt Romney is a great investor, really one of the best of all time. I also have connections to Mitt and until his 47% comments I thought he was a reasonable man. I ended up voting for Obama because I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for a man that is so completely unabashedly out of touch with how the US will be. I get it, candidates flip flop but I don't get how a man can just simply lack vision for the future. I didn't want to vote for Obama but he's a man who actually looks forward, not a man who looks back. That's the difference. Traders, like myself, want vision, we want a plan (even if we disagree). The GOP lacks this and Democrats lack it as well but not to the degree of the GOP. So I'll pay my extra tax dollars and will be pissed about capital gains but at least I have a sense for what will happen. Uncertainty is the worst. I still believe that small government is the way to go but fighting an archaic battle isn't for me. I think that Obama's view of the economy and mine are completely at odds but there's some validity in his ideas unlike Romney's BS.

That's rich. I don't think I have heard President Obama speak for more than 10 minutes before pinning something on the previous administration.

That's rich. I don't think I have heard President Obama speak for more than 10 minutes before pinning something on the previous administration.

All while following the Bush Admin's policies in Afghanistan, bailouts, Gtmo and in tax rates. Nothing says "They were so bad" quite like "We are following suit."

Tell us all how rich you are again.

So we are suppose to believe a guy who makes his living by investing votes for someone who he feels is a worse economic choice? Right... Sounds awesome though man.

So we are suppose to believe a guy who makes his living by investing votes for someone who he feels is a worse economic choice? Right... Sounds awesome though man.

And votes for the guy who wants to raise the capital gains tax? He must be Gates rich. Wozniak is expatting to Australia... you have to be seriously rich to hang with Obama.

People running forward look forward yet can acknowledge the weights slowing them down.

People running forward look forward yet can acknowledge the weights slowing them down.

Well, if he looks back he's going to have to come to grips with himself. I'll give him a pass on not fixing all the evils of George Bush in four years but I think it's on him now.

Well, if he looks back he's going to have to come to grips with himself. I'll give him a pass on not fixing all the evils of George Bush in four years but I think it's on him now.

If the economy goes crazy in these next 4 years will you vote for the Democrat in 2016?

Talked to my brother yesterday about the election. His wife is general counsel at a fairly large corp so they are now "1% ers". He says her raise will more than cover any tax increase. He just hopes that they will stop at this hike and not keeping hiking it up without significant spending restraint.

Back