• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why aren’t liberals fun anymore?

Also, why did you narrow this to white, male liberals. That was weird.

John Mulaney had perhaps the best stand-up special of the year -- dude's a white male liberal.

Yeah Mulaney is a riot. all in the delivery. Burr is a stalwart, love his podcast especially his drum shit.

Meh, The best comedians of the era Bill Burr and Louis CK are moderates.

The best comedic TV show writers and play writes for the last 20 years are Trey Parker and Matt Stone and they have been open about their hatred of liberals.

Louis CK is very lucky he's not in jail.

Many conservatives have never struggled with any true issues in their lives, which is where a lot of good comedy originates. Stands to reason that their senses of humor would not fit within the new 21st century society.

As an example, Anthony Jeselnik is probably the darkest major comic making the rounds right now. He tells jokes about rape, dead babies, drug abuse, etc. He's as liberal as they come. There is room in the comedic universe for jokes about dark topics. But conservatives don't know how to use nuance, subtlety, or hell even joke set up to make an otherwise repulsive statement into a joke. Just look at that "joke" in the story from the OP. That's just objectively not a funny joke. It's a tired trope, essentially saying that a woman who embraces her sexuality is an attention seeker. That's just not funny.

you think stone and parker are not just the best TV writes but also the best playwrights of the last 20 years? on the planet?

John Mulaney had perhaps the best stand-up special of the year -- dude's a white male liberal.

Because African Americans are allowed to be more edgy and thus way fucking funnier than their white liberal counter parts.

In jail for what? Having consensual sex with coworkers?

I get what happened to him, but don't be overly dramatic.

He's admitted to sexual misconduct regarding at least five women. He was forced off the road for almost a year due to it because of the backlash.

you think stone and parker are not just the best TV writes but also the best playwrights of the last 20 years? on the planet?

I think they put together the best comedic play of the era. I don't really feel like that is that controversial of a statement. I don't think they are overall the best in either category just the funniest.

the lefties are angry about regularly being wrong, looks like they are facing a lifetime of anger, sad

C_trmuzXcAA6dFG.jpg

Because African Americans are allowed to be more edgy and thus way fucking funnier than their white liberal counter parts.

There are no edgy white comics?

is the guy/gal who made this a conservative or liberal? i think that could end the argument:

Followed closely by Patton Oswalt and Ricky Gervais, who are white male liberals.

is the guy/gal who made this a conservative or liberal? i think that could end the argument:

can't wait for YR3 when Trump brings back all his most popular or controversial previous cast members to run the White House.

Back