• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why can we not finish a game?

You can't win in the ACC or at any major level without a great guard who is the floor general and is capable of putting a team on his back. Just like NFL teams don't win without a great QB.

I realize a guard is not our only problem but a great guard would have won that game today. In his day, Randolph would have called the timeout HIMSELF to get the team

A seasoned guard would have just taken the damn ball himself, pointed to where peopled need to be on the floor and stopped all of the silliness we see the last 2-3 minutes of these games.

We certainly have other issues but winning at this level requires and begins with a leader on the floor. We don't have one.

I tend to agree with this analysis. I don't fault Cody mainly because he was so poorly coached for 3 years. But we desperately need point guard who can take charge. Maybe in a couple of years.

Last edited:
You can't win in the ACC or at any major level without a great guard who is the floor general and is capable of putting a team on his back. Just like NFL teams don't win without a great QB.

I realize a guard is not our only problem but a great guard would have won that game today. In his day, Randolph would have called the timeout HIMSELF to get the team organized.

A seasoned guard would have just taken the damn ball himself, pointed to where peopled need to be on the floor and stopped all of the silliness we see the last 2-3 minutes of these games.

We certainly have other issues but winning at this level requires and begins with a leader on the floor. We don't have one.
Well said .

I tend to agree with this analysis. I don't fault Cody mainly because she was so poorly coached for 3 years. But we desperately need point guard who can take charge. Maybe in a couple of years.

Poorly coached and can't throw a jump shot in the ocean.

We aren't a good 1/2 court offense team due to our deficiencies. During games when we make runs, they are usually fueled by open court play which is our strength. The game tightens up to a 1/2 court game at winning time and we have problems converting.

+1

Decision making at the point guard position. CMM. He thinks he is Allan Iverson. However, he has no court vision, does not drive and dish, at end of games he drives or has a shoot first mentality. Unfortunately those tend not to work. He can't hit jump shots or free throws.

Yes

Back