• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why I despise today's Democrat Party

Banning junk food from bake sales because parents suck? Makes sense to me.

Health > Money

Republicans love to blame parents, but don't do anything about it.

Democrats hate fat kids!!

Of all your options, you choose this?

Republicans love to blame parents, but don't do anything about it.

I love the absolutes in this sentence. Republicans, all of them mind you, blame all parents who don't do anything. Nothing. They don't do a thing. Every single Republican blames every parents for doing nothing about "it"

I asked a high school senior today about this. She said she saw less than one bake sale a month when she was younger. Yet, our "betters" in the government think it is their solomn obligation to protect us from ourselves. I'm sure that apple and banana sales will go over big in Mass. Our liberal friends on the board have had some fun with the folks in Tennessee, but they're no worse than these idiots. Viva la state!

I love the absolutes in this sentence. Republicans, all of them mind you, blame all parents who don't do anything. Nothing. They don't do a thing. Every single Republican blames every parents for doing nothing about "it"

You're having trouble reading.

1. I didn't say "all".
2. I definitely didn't say "Every single Republican blames every parents for doing nothing about "it""

I don't even know where you got the 2nd from.

You didn't need to say 'all," it was implied. If you wanted to avoid a blanket statement would have qualified the nouns with "most," "many," "in my experience." By not doing so you beg the question "how many Republicans think this way?" "How many parents do nothing?" without qualifiers your statement lacks references to do anything but imply that the answers to these questions is "all."

Let's see we have some silly busybodies in MA versus state after state putting hundreds of thousands of women's health at risk.

Yep it's about even.

You didn't need to say 'all," it was implied. If you wanted to avoid a blanket statement would have qualified the nouns with "most," "many," "in my experience." By not doing so you beg the question "how many Republicans think this way?" "How many parents do nothing?" without qualifiers your statement lacks references to do anything but imply that the answers to these questions is "all."

I didn't say all because I didn't mean all. Look at what you're saying. You're only thinking that way because you're being partisan and silly. If you said, "I had doughnuts today" I wouldn't think you had all the doughnuts.

All conservatives are the same. They stereotype everybody.

What a silly thing to bring up. Bake sales and any homemade food has been barred for consumption in North Carolina by anyone other than brought the food. Authorities cite safety concerns. Food based lessons such as making ice cream in Ziploc bags is not allowed.

Let's see we have some silly busybodies in TN versus state after state ending millions of our future children's lives through abortion.

Yep it's about even.

I fixed it for you.....

I did a quick word search and "democrat" didn't appear in that article. With all the fuck-ups in the Democratic Party, SURELY you can find something slightly more compelling and to the point than an article about a fucking non-partisan bake sale in Boston, SC. Christ.

You despise the democratic party because they ban fattening food but don't care that the republican party is banning civil unions by writing it into the state constitution? You vote on cupcakes and I'll vote on civil rights.

I didn't say all because I didn't mean all. Look at what you're saying. You're only thinking that way because you're being partisan and silly. If you said, "I had doughnuts today" I wouldn't think you had all the doughnuts.

I dont know why I'm involving myself in this thread because I think it's petty and stupid, but gramatically speaking I think Caturday is right here. You started the sentence with Republicans blah blah blah. Republicans are a group of people and they were the object of your sentence. Whatever you said after "Republicans" would be attributed to the group that calls themselves "Republicans."

Your own example of doughnuts is faulty because "doughnuts" was not the object of the sentence. If you said "Doughnuts are delicious", then, yes, you would be implying that all doughnuts are delicious.

You despise the democratic party because they ban fattening food but don't care that the republican party is banning civil unions by writing it into the state constitution? You vote on cupcakes and I'll vote on civil rights.

Man, SCDeac caught some big ones and he didn't even have to bait the hook.

What a silly thing to bring up. Bake sales and any homemade food has been barred for consumption in North Carolina by anyone other than brought the food. Authorities cite safety concerns. Food based lessons such as making ice cream in Ziploc bags is not allowed.

For real? Lamesauce. Made goat milk icecream in my Creativity and Innovation class 2 years ago.

Man, SCDeac caught some big ones and he didn't even have to bait the hook.

Not buying trolling or baiting on this one. His right-wing schtick falls right in line with his being serious here. It would be like me posting a story about atheists then saying I was baiting. Humor fail.

Back