• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WHY is he still our basketball coach?

If Currie knew the buyout was too big an obstacle, perhaps he is as much of a moron as Ron Wellman. Definitely might as well shut it down if they just stand pat.

We'll see if these supposed big money donors are just chumps or real power-players who can make shit happen. I'm not counting on it.

If Currie does not see the economic advantages of firing Manning, then he is, like Wellman, not smart enough for the job.

If Manning is retained, fuck all of them. Shut the program down already.

The most accurate post in the last few days was Hoopla’s. “Forecast -stormy”. However it ends up this appears accurate.

No sources or facts, but I really FEEL like Manning is gone. And Shaka will be hired. And Wellman is terrible, regardless of the buyout amount.

so are basically any #sauces who told posters he's gone just full of shit or were mislead?

Report by Les Johns said 75% chance DM is retained for another year.

This is very concerning. I can't imagine Les would have reported that if he didn't feel strongly it is true. Couple this report with DM's appearance on the recruiting circuit and of course the enormous buyout Wellman owes DM, and I have a bad feeling the bean counters are winning the argument about whether to can Manning...On the flip side, several with good sources have said he's gone. So maybe the decision makers are keeping things close to the vest with our media friends...

If DM is retained, I really hope Currie wasn’t mislead about next season prior to his accepting the position. It’d be like Wellman to stick it to his successor and to Wake fans on his way out the back door.

And if, in fact, DM is back, I am BEYOND done.

He's back. And I'm done with Wake basketball.

My attorney who is on the BoV for the law school told me several weeks ago that the payout was too much to overcome. I choose not to believe her. Now I’m starting to freak out.

My attorney who is on the BoV for the law school told me several weeks ago that the payout was too much to overcome. I choose not to believe her. Now I’m starting to freak out.

if this is the case and I was a college coach I would look to hire Manning's agent

I recollect a respectable poster (can’t remember who) commented a few days ago that Wake will pay the buyout in one way or another. But the magnitude of the buyout will absolutely affect how much we pay our next coach. I am starting to think this is where we are headed— a Wes Miller, Russell Turner type salary (maybe $1.2 MM?), with hefty incentives for doing a great job. Which of course today sounds better than yesterday.

My one source told me not to get my hopes up earlier. Now he said it's all but confirmed. I can't imagine another D1 school where this substandard product would continue to be acceptable, but here we are. Danny will be your coach in 2019/20.

Last edited:
Yeah, doesn't seem to realize that, come May, a full 7 classes of WFU alums will have experienced, at most, a single NCAAT appearance.

And not even a real NCAA appearance but in a play-in game.

welp. don't have to worry about making a deacon club contribution at least. going to plan a trip instead

That doesn't make any sense unless there's some sort of weird clause that drops the buyout by like $8+million after next season. Assuming it's just a guaranteed contract the way it has been reported, we'd only see a $2-3 million drop from one season to the next. If we aren't making a move over $3 million, our AD is more out of touch with our fan base than assumed, and economically illiterate on top of it.

Back