• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why the economy was slow in Q1

You want to put money down that average gas prices will be lower in October than they are right now? I'll take that bet in a second.

I'd also be willing to wager I spend much more time examining this stuff than you do. That's an easy-money wager, too.

And I think you are talking through your ass. Are you telling me that the precipitous fall in the dollar has nothing to do with the rising price of gas?

The average price might be lower in October. We are already seeing decreased demand now, before the Summer vacations kick in and most projections for the Summer indicate lower demand. So, that will have some impact on prices.

A more reasonable bet would be that gas prices in October will be higher than a year ago. That would be an accurate reflection of the position I am taking.

And you're doing a great job of hiding all of your knowledge of "this stuff", since you haven't even bothered to try to refute/debate the fact that the fall in the value of the dollar has made oil much more expensive for us than it has for the rest of the world.

Back