• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why the HBO model might be hurting TV

Moar Big Bang Theor and Two and a Half Men plz

I believe that Flash Forward also suffered from writer turnover.

I think you have to choose your shows very carefully based on the long arc storylines. I watched a few episodes of Alcatraz, realized that they could drag it out for ten years with no resolution if they chose and just stopped watching.

How I Met Your Mother is a comedy that kind of straddles the line. I know that some of you bitch about how the story doesn't move forward fast enough, but I think that's less important than it being an episodic sitcom. I think the bigger problem here is that we want it to be over so we don't have to see Ted anymore.

I bitch about the story because it seems like they only take 3 or 4 episodes in a season where the Ted is trying to meet someone. The other stories are great, but it seems like the headline story rarely appears. Right now it is hard to see the payoff when Ted finds the mother.

I stopped watching HIMYM, not because they weren't moving toward revealing the mother, but because the other stories just weren't funny.

Which is another problem with getting involved with these shows.

I really wanted to find out what happened on John From Cincinnati as well. I figured HBO would give it more time than they did.

Carnivale is one of the better HBO shows, and the one that left the most unresolved. If only that fucker was released within the past few years it would be huge.....definitely hurt by its time of release.

Damages is da bomb! I am so bummed I have finished the first three episodes on Neflix.

Terra Nova was cancelled today.

I kinda liked it.

Haha I loled when I heard that. My mom loves all of those sci fi shows that routinely get cancelled.

Back