• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why won’t Robert Plant reform Led Zeppelin?

I didn't read it but I would guess he doesn't want to do a dinosaur nostalgia tour with a band as cool as Led Zeppelin, and I couldn't agree more. Or maybe he doesn't want to try to hit those notes every night. Either way, he's right to let the band remain mysterious and untouchable. I don't want to see them now sans Bonham and old as fuck.

I didn't read it but I would guess he doesn't want to do a dinosaur nostalgia tour with a band as cool as Led Zeppelin, and I couldn't agree more. Or maybe he doesn't want to try to hit those notes every night. Either way, he's right to let the band remain mysterious and untouchable. I don't want to see them now sans Bonham and old as fuck.

Exactly this (shocked that WnB and I agree on something musical :thumbsup:). The 2007 Ahmet Ertegun tribute show with Jason was all they ever needed to do. It provided Jason the opportunity to sit in his dad's seat one time (and he killed it), but it also showed how severely limited Page's skills have become. Brilliant mind, but the hands just aren't there anymore.

i read it, and this is basically it

Isn't Plant performing Led Zeppelin songs on his current summer tour?

I read that article last night- weird that Moonz is checking out the BBC culture section as well.

The Smiths are another band they mentioned that would make a killing if they could put aside their differences and get back together.

The Smiths are another band they mentioned that would make a killing if they could put aside their differences and get back together.

Morrisey has got to be one of the biggest pussies in rock and roll. Did you happen to keep up with how many shows he cancelled on his most recent American tour? It was insane. He would cancel, reschedule, cancel again. Finally he basically scrapped the whole thing and pissed off tons of fans. That and all of his weird rider specs, like 'I can't perform in a venue that sells any kind of meat product, advertise any meat product, blah, blah, blah..." Johnny Marr is wise to stay away from that strange dude.

Morrissey also cancelled a Jimmy Kimmel appearance because the Duck Dynasty crew was on there. Kimmel ripped him a new one.

ABBA turned down a $1B concert tour, so not wanting to get back together isn't unheard of.

Back