• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Widespread Panic - Wood Tour

ATLDeac

Reaction score
I meant to get DC tix but I couldn't get online during the onsale and they went quickly. Sucks since they won't be doing any more real shows this year other than in Mexico. I'd liked seeing them at the Warner Theatre the past couple of springs. Oh well.

Anyone going to the shows at the Tabernacle tonight or this weekend? I'll be there tonight and I'm fired up. Did anyone go to the DC shows? I listened to 2nd set and Encore on Wednesday night, good stuff.

Here are links to the DC shows if anyone is interested.

Tues - http://panicstream.com/vault/widespread-panic-01242012-washington-dc/

Wed - http://panicstream.com/vault/widespread-panic-01252012-silver-spring-md/
That is how old I have gotten. Did not even know they were in town. Thanks for the heads up.

Last time around or so they say...

no I believe they're taking the year off like they did in 02 when Mikey died. last year was their 25th anny and they toured hard, so taking a break. they played some excellent shows with Jimmy last year.

I went to the first show on Tuesday. I had a good time but walked out knowing they saved it for Wednesday's show and from the look of the setlist they did.

It's interesting that they all are actually playing acoustic this tour. For their NYE shows they usually do an "acoustic" first set, but when I saw them in 07 it was basically JB sitting with an acoustic, Jimmy sitting with an electric and the rest of the band standing and playing the same instruments they always do.

Its supposed to be a sort of reinactment to their *legendary* Sit n' Ski tour from '97. Except for ATL and DC, all of the other dates are very Bralorado.

If anyone is interested, PGroove at Ziggy's tomorrow night. Matt McDonald is back in the band, too.

WSP has just never done it for me, although I love JH.

Back