• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Boogie and/or Newman return next year

If someone comes back in after an injury, it's generally a very good sign. Certainly doesn't "mean nothing".

Also, if he comes back, Jamie might be a Heisman candidate in our eyes, but he's not going to get much (or any) national press along those lines unless he has another very hot start.

Yeah I would say if anything that Newman has received very little real “hype” on a national level, especially after we fell off a bit with the UL and VT losses.

I believe Sage and Jamie return. I worry about Boogie if all three stay yes next season would be really hyped

If someone comes back in after an injury, it's generally a very good sign. Certainly doesn't "mean nothing".

Also, if he comes back, Jamie might be a Heisman candidate in our eyes, but he's not going to get much (or any) national press along those lines unless he has another very hot start.

The Notre Dame game in September would obviously be a very good place to launch some hype

Think Jaime and Sage will be back, Boogie is gone.

Agree. I would love to start seeing a more solid pipeline of #DeacsInTheNFL

One of our recent early entrants (Bates) is absolutely killing it.

Last edited:
Yeah I would say if anything that Newman has received very little real “hype” on a national level, especially after we fell off a bit with the UL and VT losses.

Yep. The benefit of being a 1st round pick vs. a second or third day pick is bigger at QB than any other position. A 1st round QB gets more of a chance to start early, gets second chances if it doesn't work out with the original team, and gets more patience overall. And that doesn't even include the money.

Greg Dortch will tell you that this is not the way to make a decision about the draft.

If there is one possible benefit from an early Dortch exit (actually I guess 2nd was Hinton having an opportunity to shine) it could be how his struggles to land with a team could show how important it is to do everything you can to improve your stock if you don't have certainty. And as others have said the hype for them has been little compared to what it would be if they come back next year now that their names are known and they hopefully continue to put up gawdy stats and show they are deserving of very high picks. And if we were to pull off an upset of a ND on national TV well then Heisman chatter would not be out of the question....

offensive line is gonna be a challenge next year. believe only tom, maginn, nya and nash have ever played. would be an incredible spot for a grad transfer or two if that’s possible.

Would be good to get up really big (like 4 TD big) early at Syracuse so some of the young tackles could get some live game reps. Would really like to see Spencer Clapp and Nash get some live game reps. Lets see what Wake has with those guys.

Redshirt juniors who are honored for senior day are probably gone.

Yeah. Obviously something could change but those look like his plans. He keeps showing up in the first two rounds of mock drafts. He should go.

With Sage already having the season he had before getting hurt and now ending the season on the IR, I would look seriously into going early if I was him. He has all the tools to succeed in the NFL. Boogie should definitely go. With the aging of NFL QB's, Newman should look seriously at it also.

Redshirt juniors who are honored for senior day are probably gone.

To tack on: 6-5, 275-pound edge defenders who have athleticism of Boogie and production of 10 sacks, 16 1/2 TFLs, 3 FFs are probably gone, too.

To tack on: 6-5, 275-pound edge defenders who have athleticism of Boogie and production of 10 sacks, 16 1/2 TFLs, 3 FFs are probably gone, too.

Yes, that is more telling than being honored on Senior Day.

Boogie stepped up to another level this year. He made the whole defense better because opposing offenses had to account for him every play. Usually that meant double teams. And sometimes that wasn't enough.

Back