• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Buzz get canned this year if:

Surely some of the big money donors who actually matter have about had enough. My pitiful amount aint squat

Wake does not have the type of "big donors" you see at some of the big state universities that have that kind of influence.

Friend of Ron

I'm a good friend of Wellman and I can tell you this: Bzzz is going nowhere for at least two more years. You can take that to the bank.

Blackgold, if you are good friends with Ron please tell him thanks for his service but because of his ridiculous hire of buzz and his conitnuing support of a coach who has no idea what he is doing that it is time for them both to retire. If Ron thinks buzz is the man for the job at wake he deserves to be fired.

I bet Wake has 3000 at the next home game

bzz is fired when wellman precedes him out the door. wellman hitched himself to the bzz wagon. he knew bzz's resume was mediocre at best when he hired him. that's why he said he went with his gut and knew it was the right decision. nothing but his gut to go on.
nothing wellman can do can save his reputation (with regards to this hire) other than sticking with him and hoping it works out. eventually. it may get him fired. probably not. most likely he has to fire bzz at some point and he will say "we really had to change the character and tone of this program. bzz did that and i will be forever thankful. unfortunately we had some bad luck and were not able to match the culture change with wins. new coach anybodybutbzdelik will be the guy that takes us back to prominence (aka relevance)"

This

bzz is fired when wellman precedes him out the door. wellman hitched himself to the bzz wagon. he knew bzz's resume was mediocre at best when he hired him. that's why he said he went with his gut and knew it was the right decision. nothing but his gut to go on.
nothing wellman can do can save his reputation (with regards to this hire) other than sticking with him and hoping it works out. eventually. it may get him fired. probably not. most likely he has to fire bzz at some point and he will say "we really had to change the character and tone of this program. bzz did that and i will be forever thankful. unfortunately we had some bad luck and were not able to match the culture change with wins. new coach anybodybutbzdelik will be the guy that takes us back to prominence (aka relevance)"

Dear Lord, PLEASE make this happen.

He def. should if BC ends up with a better ACC record than Wake.

If we mount a string of blow out losses to ACC opponents with uninspired play, at the season's end, RW will have to do something. The alums will make that clear. So, this is the "Andrew Luck Sweepstakes." We have to lose to win.

Back