• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will he? (Break all the ACC QB records)

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
Will Sam Hartman break Phillip Rivers ACC career passing yards record or Tajh Boyd’s career passing TD records next season?

Sam currently has 9266 passing yards, the record is 13484, so Sam would need to pass for 4219 yards next season to break the record.

Sam currently has 72 passing TD, the ACC career record is 107, so Sam would need 36 passing TD next season to break the record.

If Sam could replicate his 2020 season stats he would be the most prolific quarterback in ACC history (over 5 seasons)

I can’t find the record for total ACC touchdowns (passing+rushing+receiving+returns) but it’s probably Tajj Boyd’s 133. Sam currently has 88 total touchdowns, so another 50td season would give him that record as well, but it’s very very unlikely he will rush for double digit tds again.

Last edited:
I think there is a 50/50 chance he stays 2 more years and we’ll be talking about national records.
Also, unless I’m mistaken, I think Malik Cunningham is actually higher on the board than he is and will likely also break these records and still have higher career numbers than Sam.

I think Malik Cunningham is actually higher on the board than he is and will likely also break these records and still have higher career numbers than Sam.

Cunningham has 8092 passing yards and 62 passing TDs over 4 seasons

Last edited:
cunningham has 100 total TDs, hartman 88.

hartmans real upside is having two years of eligibility left. he even has an outside chance of threatening some of case keenums ncaa records.

I doubt he will, but *if* he comes back twice will he have started more football games than anyone in NCAA history? He’d be close to 60 right?

But is it really fair to break records with 6 or 7 years of play vs guys who played 3 or 4?

But is it really fair to break records with 6 or 7 years of play vs guys who played 3 or 4?

Why not? We still use 1,000 yards rushing as a standard, even though it was set when teams only played 10 games, the idea was to honor players who averaged 100 rushing yards a game.

Why don't we go by games played rather than years in? This is the first year Hartman has played double digit games.
- Hartman: 36 Games - 88 TD's
- Cunningham: 45 games - 100 TD's
- Keenum: 57 games - 178 TD's

That paints a little different story when you see Hartman has essentially played 3 years to Cunningham's 4. Keenum is ridiculous as a 4 year starter who started every single game (4 bowls and 2 conf titles included) + a medical redshirt year.

He needs to play one more and try the NFL. Enough is enough. The QB room will detonate if he plays 2 more years.

Why not exclude the free COVID-19 year if you elect for a super senior year. You don’t get to double dip on stats.

Fwiw, he said, I think on Instagram, he’s coming back for one more year.

Back