• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Insanity Prevail - Again?

Don't think this has been posted. By mytakeonwhatever at https://mytakeonwhatever.com/2020/03/08/will-insanity-prevail-again/
Begins with:
Wake will play Pitt Tuesday in the ACC Tournament.
Who cares?
Seriously, who cares?
And for those who do care, I have a second question.
Why?

If no one cares, why are we are a message board debating what WF does?? We don't care, so why talk about it?

Problem is, we do care. And that is what is so maddening about the situation. We care but we are powerless to change the mess!

If no one cares, why are we are a message board debating what WF does?? We don't care, so why talk about it?

Problem is, we do care. And that is what is so maddening about the situation. We care but we are powerless to change the mess!
I think the "who cares?" is in reference to the matchup of ACC featherweights in Wake vs Pitt, not that people don't care that WF is awful.

Don't think this has been posted. By mytakeonwhatever at https://mytakeonwhatever.com/2020/03/08/will-insanity-prevail-again/
Begins with:
Wake will play Pitt Tuesday in the ACC Tournament.
Who cares?
Seriously, who cares?
And for those who do care, I have a second question.
Why?

Good line: "The problem with not telling even your most ardent fans anything is that the day will arrive when there aren’t any ardent fans who want to know anything about Wake basketball."

There is a different level of caring.

On a scale of 1-10, I used to care around 11 (which was probably pretty stupid).

Now I care about a 2 1/2 and dropping.

How much do the people posting here care on a 1-10 scale. Need a new pole :eek:.

I'm in it for the speculation, silly arguments and gnashing of teeth when Lucy pulls the football away once again next week. Then it's back to not giving a single shit.

Seriously, no one cares about tomorrow's outcome other than losing so we can get on with the real show.

There is a different level of caring.

On a scale of 1-10, I used to care around 11 (which was probably pretty stupid).

Now I care about a 2 1/2 and dropping.

How much do the people posting here care on a 1-10 scale. Need a new pole :eek:.

I'm with you: 2.5 and slightly rising in anticipation of good news.

I care about a dv5.75

The IDIOTS who are starting anti-Manning threads like this slamming our coach on thread after thread this need to stop NOW!

We have about 50% chance of having the #1 recruiting class in the country in 2023. These boards DO MATTER.

When you team loses:

26% of its scoring
29% of it rebounding (which was already very weak)
14% of its 3 point shooting

When you do this and have no one to replace what you lose, YOU WILL SUCK! Anyone who didn't think that was being TOTALLY irrational.

Manning delivered Top 15-25 recruiting class in less six months after arriving.

To reactionary fools, this is not enough. They expect players who marginal and lost most from the best from last year to become good to great miraculously.

You need to GET A GRIP!

Those threads and these insane posts MUST STOP!

OR don't blame Manning for 2020. It's on YOU GUYS!

The IDIOTS who are starting anti-Manning threads like this slamming our coach on thread after thread this need to stop NOW!

We have about 50% chance of having the #1 recruiting class in the country in 2023. These boards DO MATTER.

When you team loses:

26% of its scoring

When you do this and have no one to replace what you lose, YOU WILL SUCK! Anyone who didn't think that was being TOTALLY irrational.

To reactionary fools, this is not enough. They expect players who marginal and lost most from the best from last year to become good to great miraculously.

You need to GET A GRIP!

:wtf:

When you team loses:

26% of its scoring

You need to GET A GRIP!

Johnsongrass level post.

The article is not primarily about us. It's about the potential caring of the Wake authorities. He wrote" I’m talking about you Nathan Hatch, Ron Wellman, Mit Shah, Ben Sutton etc., etc. – don’t give a hoot about whether the Deacons win or lose. Or, to be fair, if they do give a hoot, they haven’t, to date, cared enough to do anything about the sad and sorry shape the program is in." He then sarcastically concludes that if they dont care enough about Wake basketball and especially about us, then we will also quit caring.

If it were up to me, only the top 8 teams would make the ACC tournament anyway.

When you team loses:

26% of its scoring

You need to GET A GRIP!

lol, god RJ is so dumb

"We would be on like 60% of the college basketball magazine covers if we land Giles!!!!!"

The article is not primarily about us. It's about the potential caring of the Wake authorities. He wrote" I’m talking about you Nathan Hatch, Ron Wellman, Mit Shah, Ben Sutton etc., etc. – don’t give a hoot about whether the Deacons win or lose. Or, to be fair, if they do give a hoot, they haven’t, to date, cared enough to do anything about the sad and sorry shape the program is in." He then sarcastically concludes that if they dont care enough about Wake basketball and especially about us, then we will also quit caring.

I no longer know the specifics but there is a verified story about a former Wake Forest president on the old campus (I assume Tribble), who was so pissed after blown FT's caused a loss, that he went over to the gym and demanded that the coach focus on FT shooting. Yes times have changed, but there is a big difference between Tribble and Hatch in regards to our bball program. I prefer Tribble.

Ah yes. The old “they need to practice free throws” explanation. Always a favorite of olds who don’t understand odds.

Back