• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Maryland be able to field a football team next year?

couldnt have happened to a better set of fans. LOLLERZ

Kevin Plank hasn't hit the philanthropic phase of the billionaire lifecycle yet - give it time.

Screw them

I curse them for not beating state in spite of us still going to Nash.

They need help with socks too.

When Cal Stoll came in at Wake we lost 25-35 guys the first spring training and won ACC Championship two years later. Just saying.

When Cal Stoll came in at Wake we lost 25-35 guys the first spring training and won ACC Championship two years later. Just saying.

Interesting loop with Cal Stoll who went to Minnesota and coached Tony Dungy who then is replaced by Jim Caldwell. I remember watching Tony Dungy at QB when I was 10 against O$U and Archie Griffin in 1973.

This is starting to remind me of the Mackovic situation at Arizona after Tomey was forced out. That was over a decade ago.

Major piece in the Washington Post today; excerpt:

Edsall and the school know they won’t have another chance to win a football game for nine months, but they must begin to win back the hearts and minds of their fan base now.

Last week, a letter signed by Edsall and Athletic Director Kevin Anderson appeared on the program’s official Facebook page.

The letter, which called the second 10-loss season in school history “unacceptable,” appeared to be an acknowledgment of the discontent within the fan base and seemed to be an attempt at intiating a fresh start for Edsall with Maryland supporters.

The aftermath illustrated what Edsall and Anderson are facing: After many negative comments were posted — and subsequently deleted — on the Facebook page, the letter was taken down shortly after it was posted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...he-repair-it/2011/12/14/gIQAbQscwO_story.html

I don't know if that's better or worse than our AD's strategy of "couldn't be happier" and claiming everything was much worse than it actually was when he made the hire.

Everything we do is worse than everything.

Does this mean Maryland fans are gonna be more angry towards opposing teams' fans at their home football games or more apathetic? And, of course, I'm referring to the few Maryland fans who will actually show up to their home football games.

Mike Loxley to the rescue!! Got it from a good source that he will be back at MD as OC...

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Sources-Maryland-to-Hire-Locksley-53050

Yep. Mike Locksley is from inner city DC and a fabulous recruiter. He was at MD under Fridge then went to Florida and Illinois under Ron Zook and put together some dream team classes of kids from the DC/Bmore area. Fridge's early success was largely due to Locksley's recruiting and stockpiling local talent. When Locksley left for Florida, Maryland started to struggle. Remember the team from Illinois that went to the Rose Bowl a few years back? A ton of that team was from the DC/Bmore area. Maryland fans should thank the football gods that he flamed out at New Mexico and he is looking for work.

We should enjoy Maryland being down because there really isn't a good reason for them not to field a good to great football program- fertile recruiting area, tons of Under Armour money from alum Kevin Plank, good alumni support. With the right coach, they could be the East Coast version of Oregon. However, they hired Edsall instead of pursuing Mike Leach. Don't get me wrong- I think Edsall is a solid coach- Connecticut might be one of the hardest places to build a football program in America, but I don't think he has much upside. I have nightmare's about what Mike Leach's offense could do to an ACC defense, especially ours.

Last edited:
Back