• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Travis be available for Duke?

I never said WF was. I insinuated, rightly or wrongly, that the poster I quoted would rather WF be morally like those programs than where the program is now.

you are reading my post completely wrong.

i would not want wake to have a "win at any cost" mentality. i just don't believe the bs line about "culture change." i'm pointing out that if bzz is really interested in culture change he could sit mckie for a game even if the acc did not. it won't happen.

also, mckie served his punishment and i don't think he should sit out another game.

I was gonna add the tag "grumpy old men bag on dead man" but it was too many characters.

I can defend myself, thank you very much!

Hey, refF, go fuuuuuuuuuck yourseeeeeeeeeeeeeeelf.

For what it's worth, the defense was much better under Dino than it was with Skip. There were times when I was pretty confident the team could get a big stop when they needed it, which hadn't happened since Odom.

Also, while I certainly debate that all Skip and Dino recruited were "thugs," I do think that if if you recruit "questionable" players and they stay in line, that is a sign of good coaching isn't it? Or at least good management? There were very few problems revealed to the public that happened while Dino and Skip were coaching.

Finally, I'd rather have a lot of offense, no bball IQ and no heart or defense than no offense, no IQ and no heart or defense which is what we've got now.

Last edited:
No he just recruited a bunch of thugs, kind of kept up what Skip had started. A lot of offense, no basketball IQ and no heart or defense [ except for CP3 ]

QFT. A lot of people around here don't like to hear that....but it's the truth.

In each of Dino's 3 years as our head coach, Wake had a better defense than offense.

No he just recruited a bunch of thugs, kind of kept up what Skip had started. A lot of offense, no basketball IQ and no heart or defense [ except for CP3 ]

Taron had mountains of heart...so did Jamaal and both played extremely good D.

yeah, because the packline sucked the life out of the transition game.

Sure, I can buy that. But it's hilariously inaccurate to say that a team led by a guy like Al-Farouq Aminu had "a lot of offense" and "no defense".

Back