• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Wake be able to run the ball against Army?

The run game is fine - and you have to give it a shot. But, If Camp doesn't have 10 catches, something isn't right. #lobo'd

I think the Swank miss at UVA was more like 48 yds. I was at the far end with the Wake fans and thought it was good until the ref made the signal. I remember being irritated with Grobe for not trying to pick up 5-10 more yards before the FG attempt.

or attempt to center the freaking ball. you know a curious thing about goalposts, which was apparently unbeknownst to our coaches is that the closer you get to the hash marks the smaller the window you can kick the ball through, a subtle but real effect. i can't remember if it was short or wide but i remember it was close, and if it went wide, then had the ball been centered it'd have gone in.

Last edited:
I think the Swank miss at UVA was more like 48 yds. I was at the far end with the Wake fans and thought it was good until the ref made the signal. I remember being irritated with Grobe for not trying to pick up 5-10 more yards before the FG attempt.[/QUOTE]

You and every other Wake fan not named keeper.

Let's throw some 50 yd. bombs, get up 3 or 4 TDs then develop our running game.

or attempt to center the freaking ball. you know a curious thing about goalposts, which was apparently unbeknownst to our coaches is that the closer you get to the hash marks the smaller the window you can kick the ball through, a subtle but real effect. i can't remember if it was short or wide but i remember it was close, and if it went wide, then had the ball been centered it'd have gone in.

Wide Right.

btw to get back on topic: if our run game struggles against army then we're no better than 6-6 sorry. Tanner is the man and so is camp, but the line is not. i wish we had givens still to free up camp more and vice versa.

Last edited:
The UVA game was also the phantom whistle game where they scored a TD right before the half right? Where our db's pulled up and the wide out jog through....

SRIII has a busted finger so he can't catch like Matt James pre-injury. The 3 guys who can catch (for now) are Camp and Terry and Terrence Davis. We could use a healthy Davis back for Duke and BEAT THEM AGAIN haha.

SRIII breaks out today? Saw some great potential in camps...

Last edited:
SRIII has a busted finger so he can't catch like Matt James pre-injury. The 3 guys who can catch (for now) are Camp and Terry and Terrence Davis. We could use a healthy Davis back for Duke and BEAT THEM AGAIN haha.

Thanks. But Ragland is playing. So is he not going to be targeted at much at all? Because I'd think teams would understand he's just a decoy. I'm pretty sure he was the one targeted on the near-interception.

I just really want to see somebody step up big time as a WR and he's a great candidate. Of course we need Terry to have a good string of games too. Does anybody know if this finger injury going to linger?

The answer to the original question is apparently yes. Two one hundred yard rushers.

Back