• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we beat Florida State?

Will we beat Florida State?

• Total voters
Via Dan today....

Of the nine available FSU players averaging more than 10 minutes a game, two are graduate students, four are seniors and one is a junior. And one of the seniors, 6-foot-10, 240-pound Bernard James, is a veteran of six years in the Air Force who will turn 27 next month.

Hmmm....shades of Georgetown a few years back when the dirtbag John Thompson I 'recruited' a 6'7" 26-year old who'd been a mailman for 5 years in DC.

Believe I'll vote now:wtf:

Going off that, how many people have watched Florida St. play? This is a really bad matchup for us. They will stifle us with their defense all night. I hope this isn't another NC State-like debacle, but I could see it. I could also see FSU coming out flat and us having a chance. I went with No, but I think there's a possibility of an upset.

On top of that, they've probably watched plenty of tape on us this season. If their assistant coaches are half as competent as NCSU's, then we're gonna get a stomping.

This zone is going to haunt us. If the offense can crack their zone I'll be VERY impressed with [Redacted]'s coaching on that end of the court.

Yeah, had to go with "fuck no" on this one. I have a feeling that this one is going to get away from us quickly.

If by some miravcle we win this game, many on the board will complain about not winning by enough or losing other games.

meh

if ty didnt get hurt it would have been a lot closer. he was doing a great job keeping their big men off the glass and from getting easy looks.

carson is probably the most disappointing player this year i can remember in a while. he's so soft, so unathletic, so rock-handed, etc. he killed us last night.

Ty's impact on the game was shocking.
One, because it is Ty Walker we're talking about and Two, our lack of defensive threat inside during the second half made it easy pickings for them.
I really don't know what to think about Carson, I feel like he's regressed. Early in the year it seemed like all he needed was another 20lbs and his game would be great. Maybe he'll pull a Visser.

Via Dan today....

Hmmm....shades of Georgetown a few years back when the dirtbag John Thompson I 'recruited' a 6'7" 26-year old who'd been a mailman for 5 years in DC.

Believe I'll vote now:wtf:

Come on man. The Bernard James story is pretty legit, he was in the Air Force for six years after graduating HS. Its better then old men Weinke and Weeden failing at minor league baseball, then returning to play college QB when they were in their late 20s.

Back