• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we beat High Point?

Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our guys reacted well to the crowd in Nebraska. We got this game. Not to mention High Point is terrible.

Campbell who is ranked 50! spots ahead of wake in the RPI, just beat High Point by 10 points after losing at halftime. Just an FYI, of course.

Wake wins easily by 20+ points. The home crowd and noise only serve to fire our guys up.

High Point is 2 and 5.
Sat, Nov 12 Bridgewater (VA) W 95-52 -- -- --
Mon, Nov 14 at Purdue L 65-67 -- -- --
Fri, Nov 18 at UCF L 72-84 -- -- --
Tue, Nov 22 Tennessee Tech L 57-62 -- -- --
Sat, Nov 26 Citadel W 80-72 -- -- --
Tue, Nov 29 at Hampton L 64-68 -- -- --
Sat, Dec 3 at Campbell L 62-72

Wake wins easily by 20+ points. The home crowd and noise only serve to fire our guys up.

This strikes me as wildly optimistic. We haven't beaten anyone on our schedule by 20+ points, and we've only played one game in a hostile environment (Nebraska).

I voted yes, though the score is murky. Thinking it will be a 72-65 affair and we won't seal up the V until we start getting fouled in the final minute.

Too many young guys on the team that need more experience sealing the V. I bet Travis seals many V's with ease though. Deacs get the W by 13.

I'm just concerned because while it's true that High Point is the third worst team we've played all year, the two teams that were worse than them (Georgia Southern and Central) we only beat by a combined 23 points at home.

Just really nervous about this one...

Yes. Tony goes Tyus Edney full-court for the buzzer beater. 74-73.

Based on what I've seen from him, I think the more likely result of that scenario would be him dribbling the ball all the way under the basket and stepping on the endline.

I'd be surprised if it didn't go down to the wire. I voted yes, but not with much confidence.

Yes..........we will win.

Mark it down.

Campbell would beat Wake by 15 in the Joel.
What a damn disaster.

Campbell beat HP by 10 at home. Wake beat HP by 4 on the road. Looks fairly even to me.

BTW, Campbell looks decent this year. Beat Iowa, and only one loss on the road to a ranked Creighton team.

Back