• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wilmington deacs...

tiltdeac

Reaction score
Heading to Wilmington for a wedding this weekend, any good recs for places to eat? Nothing too fancy or crazy expensive. Is there a certain beach, bar, or beach bar we should check out? We are staying at the Hilton if that helps at all.

Jerry's is good, as is Marc's on Market. Both are off the beaten path and not at all "scenic," but they are my 2 favorite restaurants in Wilmington. If you want beach dining Oceanic is okay - the view is good and the food is...fine. Dockside is good for afternoon beers. Hells Kitchen is near your hotel and has pretty good bar food.

Go into Wrightsville beach and get some Tower 7 Mexican. It is fantastic. I also second the rec for getting a beer or Bloody Mary at Dockside and sitting on the deck while watching the boats in the intercostal.

Friday night beach bars are always fun if you go to Lagerheads or Jerry Allen's. It might be good to do that tonight after Tower 7. Also, always use cabs there.

If you want sushi, I have really enjoyed the Bento Box.

Go into Wrightsville beach and get some Tower 7 Mexican. It is fantastic. I also second the rec for getting a beer or Bloody Mary at Dockside and sitting on the deck while watching the boats in the intercostal.

Friday night beach bars are always fun if you go to Lagerheads or Jerry Allen's. It might be good to do that tonight after Tower 7. Also, always use cabs there.

If you want sushi, I have really enjoyed the Bento Box.

Man I loved Tower 7. Second that rec fo sho.

Your WB recs are taken care of by the other answers but I'd add Sweet and Savory for breakfast one day or Causeway if you can get there early.

If you're trying to stay around the Hilton area check out Front St. Brewery - good food/beer, Yosake/Nikki's for sushi, Chop's Deli is on front too and has dooooope food.

The Real Cafe is decent for outdoor bar vibe, Husk is caddy corner to it (under Yosake) and is fun. I love the Blue Post - sweet bar with arcade games, pool, skeeball, etc. Duck N Dive is a cool chill bar that's also right there.

+1 to sweet & savory. Awesome brunch and worth the wait if there is one.

The service at Sweet and Savory sucks ass. The food is good but after multiple chances it's just not worth it. Twice they have skipped me and my group on the list and multiple times we have had to hunt down a waiter just to place an order. I gave up on that place last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

as is Marc's on Market.
Sadly, Marks closed last Fall.

Otherwise it sounds like everyone else has you covered. Blue Post is the best bar downtown, as was just mentioned, and they filmed a few scenes for Eastbound & Down there, which is cool. Copper Penny is just up the street from the Hilton and has some great food/brews.

Thanks everyone! We did copper penny for lunch and beers yesterday, then over to dockside for drinks, then hit the beach for a bit. Did tower 7 for dinner which was fucking awesome. Had a few drinks at cape fear wine and beer which was a pretty cool spot right by the hotel. Just got back from dock street oyster bar for lunch and lots of beers today. Really digging the city.

The ghost tour is fun

I have a place at Carolina Beach, which is a bit of a drive from Wilmington, but the Surf Side Cafe in CB is awesome for breakfast/lunch, and the Fat Pelican is my favorite bar.

I have a place at Carolina Beach, which is a bit of a drive from Wilmington, but the Surf Side Cafe in CB is awesome for breakfast/lunch, and the Fat Pelican is my favorite bar.

Not a local, so didn't chime in, but my best friend lives in Kure Beach. Fat Pelican kicks major ass, as does Provision's in Southport. Dock Street is my favorite seafood spot in the area. Dockside is good for bloodies and beers, but still kinda pissed off that they have some unlimited oyster night where you basically have to shuck 'em yourself.

Tiki Bar and Grill in Carolina Beach is awesome for drinks! 'A Taste of Italy' is a great deli for take-out Italian meats, cheeses and pastas.

Ate at the new downtown Wilmington, "Shuckin' Shack" location for the first time, and its pretty awesome. The original in Carolina Beach is very good as well.

As far as Carolina Beach goes, I couldn't agree more with the above posters concerning "The Fat Pelican" and "Tiki Bar & Grill."

Take lots of money for the parking meters on Wrightsville, and good luck finding a space. That place is CRAZY crowded for cars. Not that you ever should, but DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE on Wrightsville. Our Weekend nights are often filled drinking cocktails on the deck and watching DUIs being given.

Back