• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wine Question

OriginalAdmiral

Reaction score
So it's been a while since we had a wine thread so I figured I'd start one back up. I just picked up 4 bottles of 2002 Burgess Library Release Vintage Selection Cab. Anyone had it (SkinsNDeacs???) I picked it up on WTSO for $18 per bottle and everywhere I can find it online shows it should cost around $50 and has been rated 90+ from every review I've seen. One question that I am trying to figure out is should I hold these bottles for another year or two or are they ready to be opened? Where do you find that kind of info?

Last edited:
Parker, Tanzer and Wine Spectator all include drinking windows with their reviews.

So it's been a while since we had a wine thread so I figured I'd start one back up. I just picked up 4 bottles of 2002 Burgess Library Release Vintage Selection Cab. Anyone had it (SkinsNDeacs???) I picked it up on WTSO for $18 per bottle and everywhere I can find it online shows it should cost around $50 and has been rated 90+ from every review I've seen. One question that I am trying to figure out is should I hold these bottles for another year or two or are they ready to be opened? Where do you find that kind of info?

Whats WTSO?

Never had the Burgess, but 2002 was a great year for Napa Cabs - most can hold, if you really need to. Otherwise, just pop it an hour beforehand, if you have a decanter, go that route (or use the vinturi thing). $18 for a 2002 Cab seems like a great deal....

Any good, free wine apps (ratings, reviews) for the iPhone? All I have is WS Vintage chart.

Back